The Student Room Group

Worth reapplying to vet med with failed module?

Hi,

I have a degree in biology with a 2.1 (that i just scraped) because I have a failed module. The dean of my university refuses me to retake although I requested 3 times and its because its seen as an optional module so wasnt necessary. I dont want to do a random masters just to increase my grade. I asked the admissions teams that i applied to and they said they had no problem with my academic criteria. I paid for support like checking my personal statment and SAQs to ensure I coild givenmyself the best chance and I didnt feel comfortable sharing my business with family and friends for support.

My question is, is there any point reapplying?? I only have one chance left for graduate entry. I dont even have the sufficient A levels for undergrad entry- only for RVC but still didnt get in - they said they liked my application but put me on waiting list.
Reply 1
Is this your first degree and then you are applying for vet med after? I am going down a similar route. As far as I am aware (my research) as long as you get a 2:1 you can apply to a few places (RVC, Surrey to name a few) both the 4 and 5 year vet med course. Your degree trumps the GCSE and A level grades. But you need to sort your work experience out if you're wanting to apply for vet med. Note that RVC only allow you to apply to each vet med course twice. But if you really want to be a vet and can afford the yearly tuition fee then why not. We are on the earth for a long time and its important to have a career that you're passionate about otherwise you could look into vet nursing (you can do an apprenticeship).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending