The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Malsi101
oh I thought it said apart from?

wtf are you supposed to write if you cant chose evolutionary theory or learning theory? there are no other theories lol
Reply 201
Malsi101

I talked about both of them....It said chose one or both
Reply 202
wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I talked about Harlow?????????
Malsi101

No, it didnt. It said "such as"
jelly1000
Well I doubt that anyone else had such a bad time of it than me:
My school ordered the exam papers for the old spec, so we started, then had to stop and wait for aqa to email the new spec papers through. And by the time I started the new paper [1 hour late] my thoughts were all muddled and jumbled, especially for the last question I did Bowlby and included monotropy, the internal working model and the sensitive period but didn't mention any of the main basis of the theory of how children have an innnate drive to become attached, and how its an adaptive behaviour. I did mention its inate but not why and I didn't mention how its important for protection e.c.t. Therefore I couldn't evaluate it properly.
Also for the first question, I did the working memory model, realised my mistake and crossed it out and did the multi store model, but couldn't remember everything about it. Missed out about how the sensory memory retains impressions of information recieved through the senses with a seperate store for each sense, and also how the short term memory is an active memory system.

damn that sucks you put the working model? i know how stuff like that can happen it really pisses me off, sorry to hear that though
Reply 205
Malsi101

:s-smilie:
I mentioned Harlow in mine, and how it can be evidence both supporting and contradicting the two theories. Harlow isn't a theory anyway, is it?
Reply 206
will I not get any marks for talking about harlow?
Reply 207
Jamstar
:s-smilie:
I mentioned Harlow in mine, and how it can be evidence both supporting and contradicting the two theories. Harlow isn't a theory anyway, is it?

I thought it was cos it shows that they need comfort or something ?

Oh great I've lost 12 marks lol/
Malsi101

you'll probably get 0 marks then :frown: its so easy to misread a question when your under such pressure i dont think its fair..
Reply 209
ok. kill me now.
Reply 210
Malsi101

:s-smilie: It's not really a theory though, is it? It was an experiment. You may get some credit for it, and there's always resits if your mark isn't what you were hoping for.
Tranquilize
damn that sucks you put the working model? i know how stuff like that can happen it really pisses me off, sorry to hear that though

originally i did, then crossed it out and put the multi store model, minus a bit of stuff i should have included about the sensory memory.
Malsi101

harlow is a critisism of the learning theory as it shows that food isnt the only reason we become attached, comfort is too. could have also mentioned how the results might not be reliable as a large amount of studies were performed on animals not humans
jelly1000
originally i did, then crossed it out and put the multi store model, minus a bit of stuff i should have included about the sensory memory.

no i mean you put it in the last 12 mark question
Harlow also supports Bowlby as it proves that a child needs comfort and not food for survival.
Reply 215
Meh, I'll be getting a C - missed one question out and messed the variable question up. The learning/evolutionary thing, I just spoke about the generic stuff but couldn't give support at the end, only the criticisms.

I blame spending all of my revision time on biology and chemistry.

Welcome to C-ville, population: me. :frown:
Reply 216
tomster
The learning/evolutionary thing, I just spoke about the generic stuff but couldn't give criticisms at the end.
:frown:

This :biggrin:
I did give some really crappy criticisms at the end. I was kinda told the last question would be on daycare or EWT, so was surprised to see that. Kinda caught me off guard.
Tranquilize
no i mean you put it in the last 12 mark question

oh no, for the last question I did Bowlby, but managed to miss of a whole load of stuff about how attachment is an innate behaviour needed for survival e.c.t because by the time I got to do it- an hour late, all my thoughts had got muddled and I thought that the innate behaviour thing was only in the evolutionary theory. :mad: I did however talk about monotropy, the internal working model and the sensitive period, and put a couple of relevant strengths and weakenesses down so I've salvaged a few marks, maybe 6 if I'm really lucky.
It could have been worse..
jelly1000
Harlow also supports Bowlby as it proves that a child needs comfort and not food for survival.

ah i never thought of that actually. we weren't taught it. but you only need 3 evaluation points and i got in minessota study, sensitive not critical period and temprement hypothesis.

Latest