The Student Room Group

Nursery fees via childcare grant

Hi,

Can someone help me understand how childcare grant works. Basically the nursery sent an invoice on the 20th of each month and the fees must be paid by 1st of each month ( they ask for monthly payments). I will start my course on the 15th of January and my baby will start nursery on the 8th of January. How can I pay the fees after the 15th of January? I am aware that the nursery have to request the payment but how is it going to work on the weekly basis? Can they request for example on the 1st of February the whole January fees? Or how does it work? Thanks
Hi Sana. Childcare providers can submit a request for payment at anytime, i.e on a weekly basis, every 2 weeks or on a monthly basis, however on the request there is a requirement to input childcare costs for that specific week. For example, if a childcare provider wanted to submit requests for payments on a monthly basis, they would need to put in 4/5 weekly requests for the month.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi Sana. Childcare providers can submit a request for payment at anytime, i.e on a weekly basis, every 2 weeks or on a monthly basis, however on the request there is a requirement to input childcare costs for that specific week. For example, if a childcare provider wanted to submit requests for payments on a monthly basis, they would need to put in 4/5 weekly requests for the month.

Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,

Thank you so much for your reply. So for example in my situation, the childcare grant can be used from 15th of January,y baby starting on the 8th of January nursery, they can request on the 1st of February payments from the 8th of January up until the 1st of February, and the nursery can log in on the 1st of February and request the payments? Thank you
Original post by Sana R
Hi Leah,

Thank you so much for your reply. So for example in my situation, the childcare grant can be used from 15th of January,y baby starting on the 8th of January nursery, they can request on the 1st of February payments from the 8th of January up until the 1st of February, and the nursery can log in on the 1st of February and request the payments? Thank you

Hi Sana,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Sana,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Thank you so much. This makes sense now.

Kind regards,
Sana
Original post by Sana R
Hi Drew,

Thank you so much. This makes sense now.

Kind regards,
Sana

Hi Sana,

You're welcome. I hope you have a great day and a nice Christmas.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Hi Drew,

I forgot to ask, the nursery requires that the funds to be into their account on the 1st of each month, but can they request for example on the 31st or 30th of each months in order for the funds to come through on the 1st? This is because they charge a fee for not paying on time. How long would it take for the funds to come through into their account?

Many thanks,
Sana
Hi Sana.

The childcare Grant Payment Services (CCGPS) submit payments to childcare providers on 2 payment ‘runs’ per week (Tuesday and Friday). Therefore, request for payments need to be approved by you before midnight on the day before the payment run, then the payment will be sent on the following day. If the request for payment isn't approved it will be sent on the next available payment run. As soon as the payment run has been sent, this will show as ‘payment made’ on your CCGPS account and your provider can expect to receive payment within 3 working days.

If this would cause issues, you would need to speak with your provider and let them know, as this cannot be changed. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Hi Leah,

Thank you for your reply and Happy New Year.
I spoke with the nursery and they said that they will request the payments via the childcare account but they also mentioned to me that I have to pay the nursery fees 15% upfront in advance not in arrears. My question is, the weekly amount I have to pay is £160 for 22 hours, and I am entitled to £188.90 weekly. How would this work? The amount of £160 will be covered full or only 85% from £160? As I am entitled to £188.90 that would cover the full fee and the rest of the amount will go back to childcare grant which would be £28.90. Many thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi Leah,

Thank you for your reply and Happy New Year.
I spoke with the nursery and they said that they will request the payments via the childcare account but they also mentioned to me that I have to pay the nursery fees 15% upfront in advance not in arrears. My question is, the weekly amount I have to pay is £160 for 22 hours, and I am entitled to £188.90 weekly. How would this work? The amount of £160 will be covered full or only 85% from £160? As I am entitled to £188.90 that would cover the full fee and the rest of the amount will go back to childcare grant which would be £28.90. Many thanks

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm not sure entirely what you mean. It's 85% of the costs that we pay for the childcare. You'd be best checking with the nursey regarding the rest of the amount and ways to pay this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending