The Student Room Group

Evidence of residence status

I am a British citizen currently living in the EU who will be starting an undergraduate course on 8 January 2024. I have been granted fees & maintenance loans at home fee status, so far so good.

I understand that I need to be living in the UK on the first day of my academic year and was wondering what kind of evidence I will have to provide for that? I won't actually be able to get into my halls until the 8th so will probably stay with family or in a hotel until then. Will student finance want to see flight tickets?
Original post by Peepo2003
I am a British citizen currently living in the EU who will be starting an undergraduate course on 8 January 2024. I have been granted fees & maintenance loans at home fee status, so far so good.

I understand that I need to be living in the UK on the first day of my academic year and was wondering what kind of evidence I will have to provide for that? I won't actually be able to get into my halls until the 8th so will probably stay with family or in a hotel until then. Will student finance want to see flight tickets?

Hi there,

You'd need to be living in the UK on the 1st of January 2024 if you're a January start as that's the first day of the academic year (not the term). Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending