The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Erfan777
I have done a really stupid mistake, I can't believe it:mad: . I have applied to the Ontario univerties through OUAC, so I filled the OUAC 105 D (which is for domestic and permanent residence living outside Canada) instead of 105 F(for international students). I gave an e-mail to OUAC byt have to wait till Jan 1. Do you think there will be problems with this? I am so depressed right now:frown: .

I'm not particuarly familiar with the system, when are they suppose to give out offers?
Reply 2
I am not familiar with the system neither, but I can tell you one thing:

The people at universities are still humans...
Your mistake is nothing, they will probably write to you back when they read the mail and say:
"aight, we gonna change that. "
Erfan777
I have done a really stupid mistake, I can't believe it:mad: . I have applied to the Ontario univerties through OUAC, so I filled the OUAC 105 D (which is for domestic and permanent residence living outside Canada) instead of 105 F(for international students). I gave an e-mail to OUAC byt have to wait till Jan 1. Do you think there will be problems with this? I am so depressed right now:frown: .

That is not good at all. I guess you should just apply for the other form, which is 105F, and ask OUAC to void the application that you originally filled out.
Reply 4
dafunkyguy
That is not good at all. I guess you should just apply for the other form, which is 105F, and ask OUAC to void the application that you originally filled out.

That's the problem :frown:. I have already paid my application fee and universities have already accepted my OUAC number and I also have included the same OUAC number in the supplimentary document of the universities. I dunno wot to do, but if I have to go through much hastle to fix it, I am willing to. I just don't want my all my hard workings to be for nothing, just because I did that mistake :frown:.

In OUAC frequently asked question, it said this:

Q: I have used the 105F application instead of the 105D (or 105D instead of 105F). Can the application be changed?

A: Once the application has been submitted, the application type cannot be changed. The universities will accept the application regardless of type. Your "Status in Canada" will aid the universities in providing you with the appropriate information.

Do they mean the university will accept my application and I won't have problem with the mistake? Will it affect me if I want to apply for student visa from the Canadian embassy? Oh, and I put my status in Canada "No status". I hope this problem will be solved fast.
Erfan777
That's the problem :frown:. I have already paid my application fee and universities have already accepted my OUAC number and I also have included the same OUAC number in the supplimentary document of the universities. I dunno wot to do, but if I have to go through much hastle to fix it, I am willing to. I just don't want my all my hard workings to be for nothing, just because I did that mistake :frown:.

In OUAC frequently asked question, it said this:

Q: I have used the 105F application instead of the 105D (or 105D instead of 105F). Can the application be changed?

A: Once the application has been submitted, the application type cannot be changed. The universities will accept the application regardless of type. Your "Status in Canada" will aid the universities in providing you with the appropriate information.

Do they mean the university will accept my application and I won't have problem with the mistake? Will it affect me if I want to apply for student visa from the Canadian embassy? Oh, and I put my status in Canada "No status". I hope this problem will be solved fast.

Well...since you can't change your application anymore, I guess it would be fine...since your "Status in Canada" shows that you're not a Canadian citizen. Also, it would also tell the universities that you are an overseas student.

I think it would be fine for now...but you should let the universities know that you filled in the wrong application. As for redoing it again, I don't think you should.

However, you MUST notify the other universities from other provinces that you are using the wrong application, though I think it wouldn't be such a big problem.
Reply 6
Good news :smile:. The OUAC e-mailed to me that it is not a problem and the university can see that I am an international student. (phew!) Thats a relief now, lol :biggrin:.
johan_89
I'm not particuarly familiar with the system, when are they suppose to give out offers?

It depends on the uni, I think. Some hand out offers in Feb/Mar while others in May.

Latest

Trending

Trending