The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Should put up a poll. I went to a "grammar" school which was fee-paying with enterance exams. There were plenty of spoilt little rich kids there (the tories of tomorrow) but also a few more open-minded people.
Reply 2
I went to a private primary school and a state grammar secondary school/sixth form. Poll?
Question. If the percentage of TSR users who were/are at private schools was just what you wanted to know then, what's the 'Conservative?' about? :confused:
Reply 4
Tell me the difference between private and public in your list. I dare you.
Reply 5
Wellll...

I started off at a state primary but left after the 1st term as it was so bad an went to a private school. Then went to a private secondary school which had no 6th form and left and went to a state college.

Phew.
Reply 6
Yarr poll error.

Should be state or private, now peeps gon get bare confused.
Reply 7
None. I went to state schools. And I'm Conservative.
necessarily benevolent
Question. If the percentage of TSR users who were/are at private schools was just what you wanted to know then, what's the 'Conservative?' about? :confused:

:rofl: Well, does the words Cameron and Johnson ring a bell? No? Well, they both went to Eton :rolleyes: and then went to Oxford :rolleyes:. Cameron, particulary did PPE - the entry to Conservative politics, with Johnson doing Classics. :rolleyes:

Tbh, what it so bad about the Conservatives? What is it that they do is so bad?
Reply 9
public - whats the conservative part of your thread title got to do with anything?
I have done Both. Went Private after Public failed me.
Reply 11
necessarily benevolent

Maybe he meant comprehensive? Also, OP, when talking about schools 'private' and 'public' mean the same thing.
Reply 12
private for primary, which was a great experience, much better than the state school my little sister went to
then a state school for secondary, which was great fun too
state school all my life, except this/last year :frown:
a mixture-ish. i went to a state primary school, then i was home schooled, then the education authorities demanded that i went to school and placed me in state school, and then i was home school with a private tutor on an evening and went to a state school through the day :biggrin:
Reply 15
I should put "private", but technically it was a "public" school.
Reply 16
I concur, whats with the 'Conservative' bit? Remove it now, I am insulted that I can't be conservative and at a state school :colone:

im so academic
:rofl: Well, does the words Cameron and Johnson ring a bell? No? Well, they both went to Eton :rolleyes: and then went to Oxford :rolleyes:. Cameron, particulary did PPE - the entry to Conservative politics, with Johnson doing Classics. :rolleyes:

Tbh, what it so bad about the Conservatives? What is it that they do is so bad?

David Miliband? You can't state the fact that two people went to private school and Oxford who then became heads of the Conservative party and just assume that must mean anything.

Edit: Just read the poll. What about everyone who didn't go to a fee-paying school but wasn't home schooled, there are a few of us you know :biggrin:. Public doesn't mean state :p:
Private all my life, but I'm moderate, bordering on apathetic.
Mithra
I concur, whats with the 'Conservative' bit? Remove it now, I am insulted that I can't be conservative and at a state school :colone:

Generally...

David Miliband? You can't state the fact that two people went to private school and Oxford who then became heads of the Conservative party and just assume that must mean anything.

Oh yeah! And Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher... maybe not Thatcher. :p:
Public all the way! And by public I mean state.

I never went to a private school.

Latest

Trending

Trending