The Student Room Group

Wrong subjects?

I'm halfway through year 12 and I really hate biology its so hard. I'm doing psych, sociology and bio. I took it because I wanted to do marine biology and conservation but I don't want to do that anymore so I don't know what to do. If I drop it I won't have enough ucas points to get into a good course. The school seem reluctant to let me do an extra year and I don't know if I can continue doing bio bc I hate it and my grades are bad. Do I just brave through it or try and convince college to let me do an extra year? And is there any other options I have, I'm stuck on what to do with my life 😭
Original post by Aria5256
I'm halfway through year 12 and I really hate biology its so hard. I'm doing psych, sociology and bio. I took it because I wanted to do marine biology and conservation but I don't want to do that anymore so I don't know what to do. If I drop it I won't have enough ucas points to get into a good course. The school seem reluctant to let me do an extra year and I don't know if I can continue doing bio bc I hate it and my grades are bad. Do I just brave through it or try and convince college to let me do an extra year? And is there any other options I have, I'm stuck on what to do with my life 😭

You can switch to study Psychology at uni. It wont matter what you score in Biology as long as you don't fail it.
Reply 2
I'm halfway through year 12 and I really hate biology its so hard. I'm doing psych, sociology and bio. I took it because I wanted to do marine biology and conservation but I don't want to do that anymore so I don't know what to do. If I drop it I won't have enough ucas points to get into a good course. The school seem reluctant to let me do an extra year and I don't know if I can continue doing bio bc I hate it and my grades are bad. Do I just brave through it or try and convince college to let me do an extra year? And is there any other options I have, I'm stuck on what to do with my life *

You shouldn’t have to pursue a subject you dislike at this stage because a) you are more likely to do badly at something if you dislike it and have no motivation for it and b) why do something you don’t enjoy? I would take the extra year to do a subject you prefer and if the college doesn’t let you, you can always resit privately.
Reply 3

if you really do not like it, drop it, simple as that. I'm sure you can just transfer to another subject.

Quick Reply

Latest