The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cezmerelda
See that's the thing. If the 2nd wasn't on a friday, we'd get them by the fourth for sure! But because it falls on a friday, i'm not expecting mine til the fifth, meaning i'll have to go to college all day before opening it!

Just don't go in. I got mine on the 4th, which was a Friday. My mum told me it had arrived and I ran out of Maths with four of my friends. The school didn't mind, but that was probably because they'd got the letter the evening before and already knew I was in. No-one thought to tell me though, meanies :mad:

And to clarify - no, Track doesn't update straight away - mine didn't until February.
Reply 21
Zoedotdot
Just don't go in. I got mine on the 4th, which was a Friday. My mum told me it had arrived and I ran out of Maths with four of my friends. The school didn't mind, but that was probably because they'd got the letter the evening before and already knew I was in. No-one thought to tell me though, meanies :mad:

And to clarify - no, Track doesn't update straight away - mine didn't until February.

You mean they write to our schools at the same time? So I might be in college on monday oblivious to the fact that I'm in/out/pooled whilst my careers advisor sits in his room rubbing his hands together with the knowledge in his hands?
Cezmerelda
You mean they write to our schools at the same time? So I might be in college on monday oblivious to the fact that I'm in/out/pooled whilst my careers advisor sits in his room rubbing his hands together with the knowledge in his hands?

My college CCed my offer letter to my referee. I don't know if that's standard practice. It's just unfortunate that my letter arrived in school in the afternoon post on Thursday and didn't get to my house until Friday morning! Apparently they sent a tannoy out and everything to try and find me on Thursday evening but I'd already gone home...
Reply 23
Zoedotdot
My college CCed my offer letter to my referee. I don't know if that's standard practice. It's just unfortunate that my letter arrived in school in the afternoon post on Thursday and didn't get to my house until Friday morning! Apparently they sent a tannoy out and everything to try and find me on Thursday evening but I'd already gone home...

well my college is really small so if the college does find out, they'll find me easily, i'd rather find out another way though. imagine if he walked up to me and said oh im sorry you didnt get in, id be mortified. i dont want to find out like that!
Should come on Saturday if they are posted on Friday, surely? If they send them 1st class they should be next day - at least this is my experience with royal mail!
shadowsintherain
Should come on Saturday if they are posted on Friday, surely? If they send them 1st class they should be next day - at least this is my experience with royal mail!

Except that a significant number of us last year got them on the 4th. Don't assume anything :wink:
Reply 26
shadowsintherain

not always, depends how early they post them. and its also the day after new years day which will probably mean delays
ok i know this has nothing to do with this thread but... how do you get the ifo of your universities to appear under you posts???
thanks
shadowsintherain

In previous years some colleges have sent them second class. But if they have posted them first class today then there's a pretty decent chance they'll be with you tomorrow.
Zoedotdot
Except that a significant number of us last year got them on the 4th. Don't assume anything :wink:

My interview letter arrived the day after posted, so I'm being blindly optomistic :wink:

Very stressed though. People say don't be because they've already decided, but I think that makes it worse lol
Reply 30
victoria13
ok i know this has nothing to do with this thread but... how do you get the ifo of your universities to appear under you posts???
thanks

My account....>...preferences.....>...edit signature.

Latest

Trending

Trending