Yes?
Hello
Reply 4
Severn ftw - although i'll be F2 :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hello!
Reply 6
The chance to meet TSR medics in London is arising! :eek:

We could be in the same hospital Helenia!
God only knows where i will be...
Reply 8
Muse
The chance to meet TSR medics in London is arising! :eek:

We could be in the same hospital Helenia!

Come to the meet and you'll see me anyway!

Whereabouts are you thinking of? I want to be in London for F1 (well, boyfriend issues mean I really ought to be) but am not sure whether to go for one of the big university hospitals or the DGHs...
Reply 9
Helenia
Come to the meet and you'll see me anyway!

Whereabouts are you thinking of? I want to be in London for F1 (well, boyfriend issues mean I really ought to be) but am not sure whether to go for one of the big university hospitals or the DGHs...

I still live in Bristol ya know? :tongue:

I'm thinking GKT or KCH.
Reply 10
Pfft... there are trains.
Remind me never to get ill in London. :P
Reply 12
Don't ignore Lewisham for ST. Heard good things about it..
Reply 13
Sarky
Don't ignore Lewisham for ST. Heard good things about it..

Yeah, I was considering it - it's got teaching status, hasn't it? I don't know much about the area and transport etc there though.
Reply 14
Helenia
Yeah, I was considering it - it's got teaching status, hasn't it? I don't know much about the area and transport etc there though.

Yes I think so. The area isn't that great but it has some nice bits near by, and people tend to ignore it in favour of the big three closer to town. It is served by national rail and DLR as well as loads of buses, although there isn't a tube station there.

I know very little about the attachments but i've just been trying to think outside of the box (a long way off for me though!)
Reply 15
Irrelavent, but does a hospital have to do special things to be a Teaching hospital, or does it just have to be big, rich and have consultants teaching?
Reply 16
Wangers
Irrelavent, but does a hospital have to do special things to be a Teaching hospital, or does it just have to be big, rich and have consultants teaching?

I think (following an Ipswich consultant's rant) teaching status is awarded by a university to any hospitals which take a certain number of students for a certain amount of time every year. So it's basically up to the universities to decide who they give it to (and Ipswich doesn't have it from Cambridge at the moment, which I think is a bit silly as it's one of the best DGHs we use). I think Lewisham takes GKT students?

So mostly AFAIK teaching status is mainly to do with medical students rather than post-grads, but as it's generally done at bigger centres with more trainees, the feeling is that you get better post-qualification training there too.
Reply 17
Helenia
I think (following an Ipswich consultant's rant) teaching status is awarded by a university to any hospitals which take a certain number of students for a certain amount of time every year. So it's basically up to the universities to decide who they give it to (and Ipswich doesn't have it from Cambridge at the moment, which I think is a bit silly as it's one of the best DGHs we use). I think Lewisham takes GKT students?

So mostly AFAIK teaching status is mainly to do with medical students rather than post-grads, but as it's generally done at bigger centres with more trainees, the feeling is that you get better post-qualification training there too.

Yes, it does.
Reply 18
Fluffy, can you put me down for Severn, please? :cool:
Helenia

Area = hideous but relatively cheap. Transport not great but is DLR there and a few (slow) buses.

Hospital is ok, but the A&E there is a dump, and they lack several specialties on site.

Latest

Trending

Trending