The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
kinglrb
Yes you follow the laws that are set by the country. It shouldn't be a problem is there is a sharia court because those that will attend the sharia court are agreeing with sharia law. Plus it only deals with small cases for example divorce and such. Don't really see what the problem is there to be honest.

that is very true
Oladz
And britain doesnt have WMDs? :confused:

I was also referring to the underground network, like terrorism etc.
I can understand where the OP is coming from, especially if they're Swedish like their flag. Pretty much the entire Muslim population of countries like Denmark and Sweden are refugees/asylum seekers and their descendants; wouldn't hurt to show a little more gratitude and cultural sensitivity to their hosts.
Reply 43
obrian
nobody is trying to impose islam to other countries!! the man who wants to impose that shia law will do it through the civil courts and 2 disputers can decide on which civil court they want to go 2 - i tink u need 2 hav a mor open mind.

1. Really?
2. What if there is a dispute between the 2 parties as to which sytem the case should be heard under?
Rainbow_1985
Why trying to impose Islam to other countries?

Because religion is a serious thing its not a joke or an ancient myth. And for me and any other muslim, Islam is the true religion and it commands us to spread the word, the truth. If your not interested thats fine. But the truth is Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, including american and europe. So its not just me mate :smile:
Reply 45
obrian
nobody is trying to impose islam to other countries!! the man who wants to impose that shia law will do it through the civil courts and 2 disputers can decide on which civil court they want to go 2 - i tink u need 2 hav a mor open mind.

The thing is in sweden a woman can apply for divorce any second by just filling a form. The shia laws that have been demanded will take this right away from muslim women living in sweden. How can I be open minded about this?
kinglrb
Yes you follow the laws that are set by the country. It shouldn't be a problem if there is a sharia court because those that will attend the sharia court are agreeing with sharia law. Plus it only deals with small cases for example divorce and such. Don't really see what the problem is there to be honest.

It is still treating people unequally because one happens to be Muslim.
Reply 47
zZ_creator_Zz
Because religion is a serious thing its not a joke or an ancient myth. And for me and any other muslim, Islam is the true religion and it commands us to spread the word, the truth. If your not interested thats fine. But the truth is Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, including american and europe. So its not just me mate :smile:

I think this is the best answer to OP's original question, this thread can now be closed :smile:
Reply 48
Charzhino
It is still treating people unequally because one happens to be Muslim.

As I have said it really deals with small cases and everyone involved in a case wih sharia law has to agree to do it in that way. So if someone was unhappy he could disagree and go through a normal civil court. I am pretty sure non muslims can go through a sharia court. So the service is open to everyone. Therefore you're not treating people differently.
Reply 49
Rainbow_1985
Ok, then we have different parenting views. I wouldn't impose any religion to my child. I would expect the kid to choose his/her own at what ever age s/he thinks is ready.

u r an idiot!! a child needs guidanc i.e. needs to b told wot is rite or rong if a child is left to make there own decision theyll probabaly end up a drunken by the age of 14

and bak to the original argument no1 will forc u 2 send ur kids to the islamic school - u can send ur kids wer eva u want!!!
Reply 50
zZ_creator_Zz

Well we get to my other question. What makes you think you are a prophet? And I'd like to mention that the reason islam is growing in europe and america is because a lot of muslims are moving to these continents and giving birth to children. I'd like to see numbers of converting european and americans.
zZ_creator_Zz
But the truth is Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, including american and europe. So its not just me mate :smile:

Largely due to immigration and birth rates. If you count 'religion' as any belief system, atheism is probably growing faster, especially in the US and Europe.
kinglrb
Well the people that are demanding such things are british citizens. For example in britain there are some jewish and catholic schools. So why can't there be islamic schools? There has been a jewish court for years now that deals with cases according to their religion so why should another religion shouldn't be granted the same? The people that are demanding are normal citizens and they're paying their tax and contributing to society so I don't really see the problem. The only reason that it may seem that they're demanding more because of the media. Everything that muslims do/want is blown up ridiclously in the media. While other religions get a pass.

There are Islamic schools too.

The Beth Din requires both parties to consent to be dealt with by their court - so any Jew could refuse to stand trial in that court, and I believe it only deals with civil cases. I think the main reason Muslims don't yet have such a system is because their Council (equivalent of the Church of England I think) doesn't want one.

Your point about media sensationalising things I agree with.
Reply 53
obrian
u r an idiot!! a child needs guidanc i.e. needs to b told wot is rite or rong if a child is left to make there own decision theyll probabaly end up a drunken by the age of 14

and bak to the original argument no1 will forc u 2 send ur kids to the islamic school - u can send ur kids wer eva u want!!!

Er, what? What the hell language is that?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1577426/Female-Muslim-medics-%27disobey-hygiene-rules%27.html
Muslim surgeons refusing to wash their hands.
Reply 54
EssexDan86
I can understand where the OP is coming from, especially if they're Swedish like their flag. Pretty much the entire Muslim population of countries like Denmark and Sweden are refugees/asylum seekers and their descendants; wouldn't hurt to show a little more gratitude and cultural sensitivity to their hosts.

Lol. Did you know that Denmark doesn't acknowledge Islam as one of the state's religions?
Atomik
Arg, I hate this phrase. Who in their right mind would have a cake and not eat it? :|

Depends on the cake - I'd refuse Christmas cake or Jamaica Ginger Cake, but I'd have a battenburg or a victoria sponge and eat them :biggrin:
Reply 56
Rainbow_1985
Well we get to my other question. What makes you think you are a prophet? And I'd like to mention that the reason islam is growing in europe and america is because a lot of muslims are moving to these continents and giving birth to children. I'd like to see numbers of converting european and americans.

Actually the number of muslims immigrants has decreased over the years with european countries tightening immigrant control. The guy did not say he was a prophet but merely a preacher, quite a big difference there tbh.
Reply 57
Rainbow_1985
The thing is in sweden a woman can apply for divorce any second by just filling a form. The shia laws that have been demanded will take this right away from muslim women living in sweden. How can I be open minded about this?

no wonder the divorc rates r so high in sweden lol my view on this is that divorc shudnt b as easy as filling in one or two forms cupls need 2 learn to reconcile is that the whole point of marriage??
Reply 58
EssexDan86
Depends on the cake - I'd refuse Christmas cake or Jamaica Ginger Cake, but I'd have a battenburg or a victoria sponge and eat them :biggrin:

What a choice!
Reply 59
obrian

Just because he's not imposing a religion on his children does not neccessarily mean he isnt guiding them about what is right and what is wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending