The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Missed the whole medical conversation :frown: that'll teach me for not checking more regularly :p:

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you all have a wonderful day.
Original post by randdom
Missed the whole medical conversation :frown: that'll teach me for not checking more regularly :p:

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

Merry Christmas, and don't worry it was mostly limited to 'lots of christian medics' and what shall I do with my degree :p:

You're still welcome to chipperin now should you like?

God bless
Reply 2342
Original post by Facticity
You alright bro? :smile:

Yeah i'm good now thanks :smile:

Meryy Christmas!
:biggrin:
Reply 2343
how do you join?
Original post by airdoc

Original post by airdoc
Yeah i'm good now thanks :smile:

Meryy Christmas!
:biggrin:

Awesome :yy:

Well its technically over now but thanks :smile:
Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

God is with you this divine morning!

I thought as Christians we could all share the word together. I have a facebook group where I share my knowledge of the word and help teach people. *This page was created at the peak of my salvation*

Anyway here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/-In-We-Is-Jesus-/94592213576

I'll see you there! :smile:
Original post by Ebuwa
how do you join?

Click here

Hello and welcome btw :smile:
Reply 2347
Original post by rainbowbex
Click here

Hello and welcome btw :smile:

Thanks.. I feel so stupid I worked it out 20mins after my post lol
Original post by Ebuwa
Thanks.. I feel so stupid I worked it out 20mins after my post lol

Nah don't worry, they changed the system really recently so I'm still guessing at some stuff. How are things with you?
Reply 2349
Hiiyaa evryone... i just joined my first ever society on tsr and it was the christian society woohoo, ive just missed d medicine talk too:frown:

but i have something to ask all the you christian medics or prospective medics on tsr... have you ever had the shocked expression from frends or colleagues when u tell them u believe in creationism and want to study medicine, dint even think it was deemed as such a big deal till a mate in college asked me if i believed in evolution and i was like no, i believe in the bible word for word including creation... how do u guys deal with this... and do u medical students feel it will have an effect on the way I handle the medical course (btw ive already applied to study medicine)
Original post by JO Medic
have you ever had the shocked expression from frends or colleagues when u tell them u believe in creationism

Most people would be shocked when you don't accept something that is true. Anyway, a lot of christians accept evolution just for the record.
Hiiyaa evryone... i just joined my first ever society on tsr and it was the christian society woohoo, ive just missed d medicine talk too:frown:

but i have something to ask all the you christian medics or prospective medics on tsr... have you ever had the shocked expression from frends or colleagues when u tell them u believe in creationism and want to study medicine, dint even think it was deemed as such a big deal till a mate in college asked me if i believed in evolution and i was like no, i believe in the bible word for word including creation... how do u guys deal with this... and do u medical students feel it will have an effect on the way I handle the medical course (btw ive already applied to study medicine)

A kind warning - you should brush up on the English language you use in your posts, Text speak/abbreviations are generally frowned on by the mods (and lots of users get a bit pissy about them)

I believe that God created the world, but I also believe evolution happens. Change happens. God had certainly changed me.

Also, whilst I think God can speak to you through the bible, I don't always take it entirely literally.

in bits of the bible I've studied, Jesus says something, and whomever he's talking to takes it literally and miss the point entirely. I feel the Bible is still the word of God, but the work of man. God can do the impossible so is hardly going to be hindered by man. The bible is still best approached prayerfully though. In seeking to further a relationship with God and seek to know more about him.

Calum probs has some good points to make. I'll drag him in annnnnd he's a medic too.

Calumcalum
X

Fancy elaborating?

oh and calum, I'm choosing biochemistry :p:
Original post by House of Jonny
Fine thanks. How are you?

I'm well thanks..

So sorry only just noticed you'd quoted and I hadn't replied :redface:

Good luck with your exam today! :smile: I did AS physics, can't say I liked it much though! xx
Original post by sicarius1992
Most people would be shocked when you don't accept something that is true. Anyway, a lot of christians accept evolution just for the record.

Hey there.. don't think I've seen you post before - one time post or would you like to join (slash are you already a member :tongue:)

Hope you are well eitherway

God bless
Hey there.. don't think I've seen you post before - one time post or would you like to join (slash are you already a member :tongue:)

Hope you are well eitherway

God bless

One time post I'm afraid since I stumbled across that previous post whilst browsing. I just get annoyed at how some people almost ruin the perception of Christianity and other religions sometimes and I always feel that I have to say something, which can be annoying to some :tongue:

Good day to you too :biggrin:

Hey :smile: to be honest, it doesn't make a massive difference in the course, as long as you're prepared to accept micro-evolution (e.g. evolution of bacteria and our immune system etc). If you're happy mentioning the scientific consensus of human evolution in the exams and stuff too, it would be fine (i.e. if you're asked a question on it, give the answer they want, not an "I don't actually believe in evolution").

That being said, I think most of the medics (and theologians) here probably do believe in evolution, and wouldn't see any conflict between evolution and Christianity. There are plenty of instances in the Bible where metaphorical language is used e.g. Jesus' parables - if he can use them, why can't God the Father through the writers of Genesis?

Fancy elaborating?

oh and calum, I'm choosing biochemistry :p:

I hope you find it enjoyable then! I'm gonna have to pick my intercalated thingy pretty soon, but all our options are horrifically boring or complex :frown:
sex

I said that in the Christian Society, how un-Anglican :colondollar:
Original post by Calumcalum

sex

:giggle:
Reply 2358
but i have something to ask all the you christian medics or prospective medics on tsr... have you ever had the shocked expression from frends or colleagues when u tell them u believe in creationism and want to study medicine, dint even think it was deemed as such a big deal till a mate in college asked me if i believed in evolution and i was like no, i believe in the bible word for word including creation...

That being said, I think most of the medics (and theologians) here probably do believe in evolution, and wouldn't see any conflict between evolution and Christianity.

:wavey: I'm also happy to chat about it if you ever want!

Oh and:

sex

What is that supposed to mean? :p:
Original post by marille
:wavey: I'm also happy to chat about it if you ever want!:wavey:

I will take you up on that sometime!

Original post by marille
What is that supposed to mean? :p:

That I can mock myself :awesome:

Latest