The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meatball893
Not that I don't want you to post, but you can do that by clicking thread tools >> watch this thread at the top. :smile:

yeah, but posting reminded you lot of my existence :h:

Spoiler

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Just working at WH Smith, nothing amazingly exciting, but a job's a job!

How did it go? :smile:
Original post by Laura393
I'm on team helping out at cafe uno this year in week B, i'm excited, but never actually been inside, which seems silly cause this'll be my 4th year going this year :s-smilie: apart from it being jazzy, what's it like inside?

plastic chairs and table, stage, urns, refrigerators and a tent. It's quite plain but it's very noisy!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
How did it go? :smile:

Think it went really well thank you! Shall hear one way or other by Friday...FINGERS CROSSED!
Reply 4064
...FINGERS CROSSED!

This page gives an account of the origin of this practice.
Original post by NJA
This page gives an account of the origin of this practice.

Oh I don't believe it'll help in any way, shape or form. Just habit. Although for me I associate crossed fingers with Jesus' cross mucuh more, and sometimes cross them when I pray.
This is a seemingly random question (it does have a complex basis), but do you guys believe that loving someone can be a form of looking after them? :smile:
Original post by Laura393
I'm on team helping out at cafe uno this year in week B, i'm excited, but never actually been inside, which seems silly cause this'll be my 4th year going this year :s-smilie: apart from it being jazzy, what's it like inside?

No way! I'm uno week C I believe, and Soul action week B, anyone else? I'm really nervous about teams as this my first year serving :s-smilie:
This is a seemingly random question (it does have a complex basis), but do you guys believe that loving someone can be a form of looking after them? :smile:

I think if you love someone you will instinctively look after them and protect them from whatever harm you can.
I think if you love someone you will instinctively look after them and protect them from whatever harm you can.

If you're not physically with them though, can it still be a form of looking after them?

Thanks for replying :smile:
I think love possesses many forms. God shows His love not just in calling us towards Him, but also by acting as a strict father who has our eternal interests at heart. It is 'love' which made God grant us freewill; he could have rendered us blind slaves to His will by making us soulless husks. I believe that it is wrong to force someone/something to love you so this is the most original and basic definition of 'love' for me. Of course, this extends to many other expressions of love - such as protection (as God protected Noah).
Original post by Alex-jc123
I think love possesses many forms. God shows His love not just in calling us towards Him, but also by acting as a strict father who has our eternal interests at heart. It is 'love' which made God grant us freewill; he could have rendered us blind slaves to His will by making us soulless husks. I believe that it is wrong to force someone/something to love you so this is the most original and basic definition of 'love' for me. Of course, this extends to many other expressions of love - such as protection (as God protected Noah).

Thank you :smile:
If you're not physically with them though, can it still be a form of looking after them?

Thanks for replying :smile:

Yes. Just knowing someone loves you instantly makes you feel better. TBH when I feel down a lot of my friends on TSR (even though I've never met them in real life) will be the ones who show me the love more than my uni friends because the internet is where I show my emotions more than real life I guess.
Yes. Just knowing someone loves you instantly makes you feel better. TBH when I feel down a lot of my friends on TSR (even though I've never met them in real life) will be the ones who show me the love more than my uni friends because the internet is where I show my emotions more than real life I guess.

Thank you :smile: I'm trying to discern whether I heard the good voices in Walsingham or not and the meaning of the message, so it's helpful to hear what people have to say :smile:
Thank you :smile: I'm trying to discern whether I heard the good voices in Walsingham or not and the meaning of the message, so it's helpful to hear what people have to say :smile:

Tricky :s what's your gut instinct?
Tricky :s what's your gut instinct?

Well I asked the Blessed Virgin Mary how to look after someone who God had asked me to look after (impractical, since we're apart) and the answer I heard back was simply "love her". It was more like a good thought than a good voice though (coz I hear good voices as well as bad), which is why I'm slightly confused. It brings me comfort though so I'm tempted to accept that even if it was just a thought, it came from a good place :smile:
Well I asked the Blessed Virgin Mary how to look after someone who God had asked me to look after (impractical, since we're apart) and the answer I heard back was simply "love her". It was more like a good thought than a good voice though (coz I hear good voices as well as bad), which is why I'm slightly confused. It brings me comfort though so I'm tempted to accept that even if it was just a thought, it came from a good place :smile:

Remember as the Holy Spirit grows inside us and helps us become more like Christ, our thoughts will become like Christ's too...so a good thought is perhaps a good voice, just coming from you.
Remember as the Holy Spirit grows inside us and helps us become more like Christ, our thoughts will become like Christ's too...so a good thought is perhaps a good voice, just coming from you.

:smile:
I want to join :colonhash: - do I need to show a birth certificate or something to join this society? :smile:
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
I want to join :colonhash: - do I need to show a birth certificate or something to join this society? :smile:

Nah, you just post and say hi :hi:

Latest

Trending

Trending