The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d123
I think GEG and I had the same motivation for applying to Glasgow. There's a lot more kilts around these parts than in England!

My friend and I were discussing our 'types' or ideal guys, and I mentioned gingerness, gorgeous accents and kilts. She just laughed at me. I think kilts is something most of my friends are agreed on, the gingerness seems to be just me.

Haha. I walked past a guy wearing a kilt the other day actually. Was quite surprised since we're practically on the south coast...
Reply 9701
Original post by EEngWillow
Haha. I walked past a guy wearing a kilt the other day actually. Was quite surprised since we're practically on the south coast...

To get into uni, I have to walk past this building which used to be a church, but is now used for gigs and all sorts of events. There's almost always guys in kilts hanging around outside. It tends to brighten up my day. I've already decided that when I get married, we're having a ceilidh, and the groom will wear a kilt. Even if he's not Scottish. My mum raised the 'what if he's not Scottish' objection to the plan, and my response was 'Pah, why would I marry someone who isn't Scottish?'.

I'm not crazy...
Original post by d123
To get into uni, I have to walk past this building which used to be a church, but is now used for gigs and all sorts of events. There's almost always guys in kilts hanging around outside. It tends to brighten up my day. I've already decided that when I get married, we're having a ceilidh, and the groom will wear a kilt. Even if he's not Scottish. My mum raised the 'what if he's not Scottish' objection to the plan, and my response was 'Pah, why would I marry someone who isn't Scottish?'.

I'm not crazy...

Haha. How about a part-Scot? :tongue:
Reply 9703
Haha. How about a part-Scot? :tongue:

I'm sure part-Scot will do very nicely :biggrin:

I've been obsessed with Scotland since I was about 5. I blame the Katie Morag books.
Reply 9704
Right. Off to 12 hour cheesy pop. Well, I've missed the first hour, so 11 hour cheesy pop. It finishes at 8am and I have a meeting to get to in Edinburgh by half one tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Reply 9705
Original post by d123

I've been obsessed with Scotland since I was about 5. I blame the Katie Morag books.

I love those books :smile: and Scottish accents. even though everyone else seems to hate them :redface:
Original post by d123

...:flowers: :tongue:

Original post by d123
Right. Off to 12 hour cheesy pop. Well, I've missed the first hour, so 11 hour cheesy pop. It finishes at 8am and I have a meeting to get to in Edinburgh by half one tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Oooh sounds fun. I do love a bit of cheesy pop! Enjoy your night! Good luck getting to Edinburgh...
Reply 9707
Just a random question: does anyone have any advice on how to choose your firm choice university? I reeeally can't choose :frown: I'm at a complete tie between three and they each have positive and negative points!
I think I like Glasgow most in terms of overall, but the course looked really good at Nottingham and Leeds had a lovely city and an amazing course (apart from the fact I want to do an industrial year and it doesn't become a masters there but does at all my other choices). I'm getting very worked up about it even though I have ages left to choose :frown:
Thought all of you very knowledgeable and lovely people might be able to help :wink: :adore:
Original post by Josiea
Just a random question: does anyone have any advice on how to choose your firm choice university? I reeeally can't choose :frown: I'm at a complete tie between three and they each have positive and negative points!
I think I like Glasgow most in terms of overall, but the course looked really good at Nottingham and Leeds had a lovely city and an amazing course (apart from the fact I want to do an industrial year and it doesn't become a masters there but does at all my other choices). I'm getting very worked up about it even though I have ages left to choose :frown:
Thought all of you very knowledgeable and lovely people might be able to help :wink: :adore:

Well I'm sure you might get a couple of completely unbiased replies telling you how amazing Glasgow is...

On which note, I'd totally pick Glasgow out of those three. You should really try and get to the University open days. I went along to Surrey's having never heard of it as a University before, and came away with it as my firm choice by miles.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9709
Original post by Josiea

I chose my firm this time when i applied and ended up changing my mind and tbh im definitely where i should be and where God wants me. Pray about it, research into it by the sounds of it you like all 3 so it wont matter where you end up. Go on another visit day if possible and if you havent gone already go to one as they really are eye-opening
Urgh, I'm so tired. Going into work early was harder than I thought... Night guys! Tomorrow is brandy snap baking day... :woo:
Reply 9711
Well I'm sure you might get a couple of completely unbiased replies telling you how amazing Glasgow is...

On which note, I'd totally pick Glasgow out of those three. You should really try and get to the University open days. I went along to Surrey's having never heard of it as a University before, and came away with it as my firm choice by miles.

Yeah I did think I might :tongue:
It is a lovely city though :smile: I wish I went to one and just thought 'yes definitely going here!" that would've been coool.
Have fun making your brandy snaps!

Original post by 22KT22
I chose my firm this time when i applied and ended up changing my mind and tbh im definitely where i should be and where God wants me. Pray about it, research into it by the sounds of it you like all 3 so it wont matter where you end up. Go on another visit day if possible and if you havent gone already go to one as they really are eye-opening

Yeahh I probably will like any of them :smile: Glasgow seemed friendliest, although Leeds was too.
I've been a couple of visit days already, trouble is the two I've been to have actually just made me want to go there and even more unsure becuase they make them look so good :colondollar:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Kilt :drool:

Just read this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16224394 very much like the fact he's defending England as a Christian country

"commited" but "vaguely practising" Christian. I like that. Might have to adopt that description for myself :cool:
Original post by Josiea
I love those books :smile: and Scottish accents. even though everyone else seems to hate them :redface:

The books or the accent? :tongue:

On a more serious note... what's everybody's favorite type of cupcake/muffin/shortbready-biscuitything? :biggrin:
I'm baking for a cake sale (it's for a good cause!) and wondered what people would actually buy. :cookie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9714
Original post by tasha96
The books or the accent? :tongue:

On a more serious note... what's everybody's favorite type of cupcake/muffin/shortbready-biscuitything? :biggrin:
I'm baking for a cake sale (it's for a good cause!) and wondered what people would actually buy. :cookie:

the accent, nobody could hate Katie Morag!
ummm brownies :biggrin: and bigg cookies :biggrin: and most things edible :smile:
You know how I went to bed about 4 hours ago? Yeah... I've been reading in bed the whole time. So much for an early night... .:colondollar:
You know how I went to bed about 4 hours ago? Yeah... I've been reading in bed the whole time. So much for an early night... .:colondollar:

What've you been reading? :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
What've you been reading? :smile:

Finished a book called Elantris, and the Bible.
Finished a book called Elantris, and the Bible.

Not heard of the first one. I think I might have heard of the second though :p:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not heard of the first one. I think I might have heard of the second though :p:

The first is fairly obscure. The latter is a bit more widely read... :tongue:
Ephesians is goooood :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending