The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

need_money
My mate whos 14 went into Asda one day and went to the counter with a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and the woman asked her how old she was and she said 21 and she believed her! :eek:

I got ID'd trying to buy fags once. I was in my school uniform and it was during lunchtime. The guy looked at my clothes and went "Are you at school?" and i said "Aye but i'm 16" and he goes "you sure? You wouldn't lie to me would you darlin?" and i said "Nope" and flashed a smile and he served me. :biggrin:

Ahh, the "are you sure?" ID system. A corner shop classic. I went into one at 15 to buy a half bottle of vodka and about 10 beers.

Bloke behind counter: "Are you 18?"
Me (red faced, sweating): "Err... umm... yeah..."
Bloke: "Are you sure?"
Me: "...yep?"
Bloke: "OK that'll be £15."

Heh. As if he'd ask me if I'm sure, and I'd just break down like "NO! OK OK you got it out of me I'm 15 :frown:"
Toy Soldier
Ahh, the "are you sure?" ID system. A corner shop classic. I went into one at 15 to buy a half bottle of vodka and about 10 beers.

Bloke behind counter: "Are you 18?"
Me (red faced, sweating): "Err... umm... yeah..."
Bloke: "Are you sure?"
Me: "...yep?"
Bloke: "OK that'll be £15."

Heh. As if he'd ask me if I'm sure, and I'd just break down like "NO! OK OK you got it out of me I'm 15 :frown:"

Haha! So true! :biggrin:
i cant blag anything!its so shamefull!
gossip_girl
i cant blag anything!its so shamefull!

...is it because you're thick?
I have no trouble whatsoever. I'm 6'4, and fairly well built so i look comfortably older then 18. I thought i'd have trouble on New Years Eve though, becasue we was going to an over-21's party, but i had no trouble.

I just walk up confidently, and nod my head or whatever at the bouncers. No trouble whatsoever.

I have a problem though, and as seen as it's related i guess i'll ask for advice here:

I'm going to Bournemouth clubbing with a few mates for someones 18th next month, and i have a feeling i'm going to struggle. I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone go clubbing in B'Mouth? If so, what's it generally like down there. Are they strict on ID or fairly relaxed? Anyone recommend any speciifc clubs that are relaxed on ID, yet a fairly decent place?

2) Anyone know any REAL good forms of fake identification? I've seen a few people on here mentioning faking a passport by editing an old one, but how easy is that?

Any help would be appreciated. :p: :smile:
Makavelli_07

2) Anyone know any REAL good forms of fake identification? I've seen a few people on here mentioning faking a passport by editing an old one, but how easy is that?

Faking a passport to use as age verification ID is fairly easy with a good scanner/printer and some laminate. However, it's HIGHLY illegal. You will get into trouble if caught, probably more than a slap on the back of your hand even with a clean record...

I guess it's up to you if you're willing to take the risk. Just remember that you MIGHT get caught, you MIGHT get a criminal record for it, and that MIGHT damage your chances of getting certain jobs / into Uni. I would probably risk it, but only because I hate living completely within the law all the time. I mean you can get a record for copying a CD, or say, using a crack to activate windows XP :flute: - doesn't mean I haven't hypothetically done those things.
Toy Soldier
Faking a passport to use as age verification ID is fairly easy with a good scanner/printer and some laminate. However, it's HIGHLY illegal. You will get into trouble if caught, probably more than a slap on the back of your hand even with a clean record...

I guess it's up to you if you're willing to take the risk. Just remember that you MIGHT get caught, you MIGHT get a criminal record for it, and that MIGHT damage your chances of getting certain jobs / into Uni. I would probably risk it, but only because I hate living completely within the law all the time. I mean you can get a record for copying a CD, or say, using a crack to activate windows XP :flute: - doesn't mean I haven't hypothetically done those things.

Heh, if it looked pretty good then i would use it. If it looked shitty, and it was quite obvious, then i wouldn't bother with it.

You fancy PM'n me some info on doing it? :smile:
Reply 47
ah the joys opf having an older brother who looks like you. I've been using my bros passport as ID since about my sixteenth birthday, it's weird becasue i actually find that if u have ID u wont get asked neway because u appear so confident. the worst thing you can do is to try to sneak in or make urself inconspicuous cos the bouncer scan smell fear!
thekillersrock
the bouncer scan smell fear!

lol what are they a freakin cat?
borrow the ID of someone who looks a bit like you. I'm a bit stuck with this one tho, because I ahve red hair and don't know anyone who looks like me.

I've been to clubs before and been IDd everytime, tho arguing with them for a bit and attempting to appear genuinely gutted that I'd "forgotten" my ID seemed to help my case and I was eventually let in.
Use someone else's ID, someone who looks a little bit like you.
And just hope they don't start asking you what star sign you are (happened to me, still blagged my way it; a little bit proud of that)
Toy Soldier

how on earth can you fake a passport by printing something off your computer? :confused:

I wanted to try and (non permenently) amend one of the digits on my provisional driving license but I have no idea how to convincingly. When I've been with my friends and they've been asked for ID, the bouncers always seem to study their date of birth for ages.. surely they'd be able to detect some crafty editing and laminate.
Reply 52
marychrist
borrow the ID of someone who looks a bit like you. I'm a bit stuck with this one tho, because I ahve red hair and don't know anyone who looks like me.

I've been to clubs before and been IDd everytime, tho arguing with them for a bit and attempting to appear genuinely gutted that I'd "forgotten" my ID seemed to help my case and I was eventually let in.

Ahahaha my friend once left her student ID at home so she used my access card and it worked a treat.. despite the fact I'm a redhead with long wavy hair and she's a blonde with straight midlength hair.. I suppose as it was just student ID then I guess it doesn't matter as much!
Toy Soldier
...is it because you're thick?

go suck your mum
Reply 54
Pussinboots99
its true about the samll towns and fak id i live in a small town in cornwall and showed the bouncers my college id which had be changed using tranfers they let me in because i was a girl.the low cut top idea also works a treat lol
also if you go out with someone that is 18 its better i went out with my mate and she knew the bouncers if you act confident introduce yourself or talk to them they are more relaxed dunno bout cities tho i am just a country girl!

ooh wherabouts in cornwall do you live? i used to live down there, in between Newquay and Truro.
Reply 55
mik1w
you go to a club with friends, you're 17
bouncers ask for ID

what do you say

how do you blag getting in, what do you say?

u obviously dont look convincing enough to not be ID'd then...when i was under aged i used to get in because i looked as cocky as hell ^-^
Reply 56
Makavelli_07
I have no trouble whatsoever. I'm 6'4, and fairly well built so i look comfortably older then 18. I thought i'd have trouble on New Years Eve though, becasue we was going to an over-21's party, but i had no trouble.

I just walk up confidently, and nod my head or whatever at the bouncers. No trouble whatsoever.

I have a problem though, and as seen as it's related i guess i'll ask for advice here:

I'm going to Bournemouth clubbing with a few mates for someones 18th next month, and i have a feeling i'm going to struggle. I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone go clubbing in B'Mouth? If so, what's it generally like down there. Are they strict on ID or fairly relaxed? Anyone recommend any speciifc clubs that are relaxed on ID, yet a fairly decent place?

Bmouth tends ot be strict on id. the moon in the square is not so bad in the day, but in the evening its strict.
Consortium you wont get in without id unless the bouncers know you and know you are old enough.
Mr Smiths dont have to be 18, but you will be id'd at the bar (probably)
Camel - is a really cool place, but the bouncers are pretty unfriendly, we got interogated when we went there asked address, postcode, name dob everything!
I think youre best bet will be the opera house, but this is usually full of 14 yr old chavs, it can still be a good night, they have slinky there on a lot of fri nights.

basically nightlifes good, but youll prob have trouble getting into places without id. but if you go on a weeknight, youll prob have more chance of getting in.
if you have no aversion to the gay bars, they are not usually so so strict!
Reply 57
BlackHawk
well apparently I look about 24 yet when I went to buy cigs the other day I got asked for ID! So I gave him my student card and he wouldn't accept it! I went into a rant about what kid did he know who was 15 and at uni. Then I showed him my engagement ring and said if I'm not over 16 then its illegal. And all he kept saying was 'sorry no passport'. Tell me who brings their passport to the corner shop?? I was very very annoyed. :mad:

the times when i have been asked have been for rizlas! and the person serving looked all of, what, 15!
but in that same shop they served me alchol without asking to see my id.
how about not attempting these things until you are actually old enough?

the min. age thing isn't there for a joke u know...
Reply 59
kidney thief
how about not attempting these things until you are actually old enough?

the min. age thing isn't there for a joke u know...

did you never drink underage, or try to get into a club underage?! wow!
i know people who are 18 who act like they are 15, and 15 year olds you act like they are 18.

Latest

Trending

Trending