The Student Room Group

Does a degree contribute to UCAS

Hi everyone.
I graduated with a 2:1 in marine biology a few years ago but after not being able to find a job, I'm considering undertaking a nursing degree or nursing degree apprenticeship as I'm working in healthcare now.
The issue is I flunked my A levels and got into uni by blagging my way through clearing with the help of my scuba and volunteering experience.
The nursing degree requires 112 UCAS points (I have 76 due to a variety of issues that I won'tget into here). So my question is, will my 2:1 University degree contribute at all? Or do I need to retake some A levels?
Many thanks!
Original post by Rbennison
Hi everyone.
I graduated with a 2:1 in marine biology a few years ago but after not being able to find a job, I'm considering undertaking a nursing degree or nursing degree apprenticeship as I'm working in healthcare now.
The issue is I flunked my A levels and got into uni by blagging my way through clearing with the help of my scuba and volunteering experience.
The nursing degree requires 112 UCAS points (I have 76 due to a variety of issues that I won'tget into here). So my question is, will my 2:1 University degree contribute at all? Or do I need to retake some A levels?
Many thanks!

Contact the uni(s) you want to apply to and ask if they accept your degree as an alternative qualification.
Original post by Rbennison
Hi everyone.
Many thanks!

Why apply for undergraduate nursing and not postgraduate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending