:eek3:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 381
Thats quite a walk....
hklee
Hello. I'm from South Korea.

I got an Accounting and finance offer from Bristol.

I hope you will get a nice accommodation.

Can you do me a favor?

I'm looking for a self-catered place which

is en-suite and extremely quiet,

has comfortable desk and chair,

near the social sience building(by walk)

Yeah,...that's all.

I'm thinking Durham, University, Winkworth...

Please give me some info.

Cheers.:smile:

I think Durdham is probably best for you (from what I've heard). It matches the description - quiet, en-suite, self-catered. No doubt present students can elaborate.
Reply 383
Self-catered, en-suite, extremely quiet and close to the Uni?

Hiatt Baker, blatantly...
Reply 384
no need to be mean. :smile:

:angel:
Reply 385
Im thinking about maybe applying for Goldney or Manor :smile:
Anyone living in these halls what are they like? what sort of rep do they have?
Rui
Self-catered, en-suite, extremely quiet and close to the Uni?

Hiatt Baker, blatantly...

Haha, this made me realise the power that people posting in this forum do wield....
Reply 387
bigjamesl
I'm hopefully coming to Brizzle next year for French and German and I've been looking at some of the halls. I quite fancy catering and Clifton Hill House looks alright. Any opinions/advice would be great.
Thanks
James

im looking at the same hall now too, may see you there if we both apply an get it.. long shot, but you never know lol :smile:
Two things really...

1) University hall... Skank?? I need details..........!

2) Does anybody know if it is possible to get a sort of annual bus pass, and how much it costs? everything ive heard about transport in Bristol so far is not good....

Also, is it safe to cycle from stoke bishop to the uni precinct? Are there any cycle lanes or.....not?

(i know, that was 3)
you're a student, you can't afford a bus pass. and the buses will be stuck in traffic if you have a 9am. and it's just frowned upon to get buses if youre a student. yeah it's safe, if you remember your cycling proficiency and have a good bikelock and dont wave between pavement and road when it suits you. that pisses me off no end.

Uni hall- pretty shabby, but i've heard its a really fun hall to be in, so it depends what your priorities are.
Reply 390
organised_chaos
you're a student, you can't afford a bus pass. and the buses will be stuck in traffic if you have a 9am. and it's just frowned upon to get buses if youre a student. yeah it's safe, if you remember your cycling proficiency and have a good bikelock and dont wave between pavement and road when it suits you. that pisses me off no end.

haha, I do that all the time. Good thing I don't drive or else there'd be a lot of dead pedestrians out there.
How does everyone get home to stoke bishop after a night out in the city?
stumble home drunk whilst vomiting
Reply 393
Bus passes are affordable, but I only know a couple of people who bother.
Reply 394
rosieposy87
Having lived there this year, I don't agree. I'll be living off Whiteladies road next year and I think that's a much better location (closer to the uni and with loads of bars/resteraunts etc) than Clifton. I agree it's a nice place to live- I just don't think it's significantly nicer, and not that many students live there so you might have to walk a way to see your friends.

I don't like Whiteladies Road at all - there's plenty of bars and restaurants, but very few worth visiting. It also gets a bit unpleasant in the area at the bottom of the hill (near Beans / Alterego) on Friday / Saturday nights, from my experience.

I know as many people living in Clifton as I do in other areas.
Reply 395
scribble_girl
Haha, this made me realise the power that people posting in this forum do wield....

I'll brainwash you...:wink:
stop talking about it...i still haven't found a sodding house!!! *tears hair out*
My house is lovely and we're going to stick a shed in our garden :smile:
Reply 398
... why?
cos we want to... cos we want too!!

Latest

Trending

Trending