The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
quatum007
Hey every1, jus wanted to ask people who got uni hall. How many showers and toilets are shared between a block of residents?? Also if anyone has already lived in uni hall, what is it like sharing the facilities??

I asked my cousin about sharing facilities and he told me that it is weird for about a week and then everyone gets used to it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
alexsheppard11
aha everyone knows where to find you now!:p:

LOL:hahaha:
alexsheppard11
aha everyone knows where to find you now!:p:

this is very true...should possibly edit that nubmer out :rolleyes:
Ruth xx
Reply 3983
Anyone else in hiatt baker??
Hey people, anyone in Goldney this year? I'm a returner there and was just wandering if everyone has had their accommodation offers yet? If you have any questions.... fire away! x x x
Didn't get into Durdham or Uni Hall... So it's Northwell House here i come apparently XD Anyone else apply there/end up there? :biggrin:
Reply 3986
Onor-Elizabeth
Hey people, anyone in Goldney this year? I'm a returner there and was just wandering if everyone has had their accommodation offers yet? If you have any questions.... fire away! x x x

Yeah I am. I just wanted to know how safe your stuff is there. Do they have safes and locks etc. Also what utilities do you need to buy and do they have a TV?
Reply 3987
Anyone know when we get our bristol email? wanna get my medical form thing sent off

Also, I had meningitis C vaccination in 2001 (11 yrs old), and have been told by most people/professionals that this is ok, I'm covered for life. But one doctor didn't even know (idiot) and said they weren't sure if I'd need it again. Anyone else had this issue?
yey, got into badock hall. didnt get a basin, but oh well...
Reply 3989
Towser
Anyone know when we get our bristol email? wanna get my medical form thing sent off

Also, I had meningitis C vaccination in 2001 (11 yrs old), and have been told by most people/professionals that this is ok, I'm covered for life. But one doctor didn't even know (idiot) and said they weren't sure if I'd need it again. Anyone else had this issue?

I wouldn't worry too much. If you are concerned maybe you could visit your local GP and ask. :wink:
Reply 3990
Winkworth House... anyone?
Reply 3991
Onor-Elizabeth

oooo, just what i need, lol ;-)
1. are they all single beds?
2. do they provide kettles and irons?
3. how many people share a flat, and is there only one bathroom?

thanks sooooooo much :smile::smile::smile:
im so excited :woo: :woo:

U obviously generally liked the place a you are returning for ure second year?
Reply 3992
djpailo
I wouldn't worry too much. If you are concerned maybe you could visit your local GP and ask. :wink:

I did, they are useless! The GP booked me in for something like ACsomething something which is apparantly for when you travel abroad, not for in the UK or something. And so the nurse realised it when I got there, but no doctor was around to ask so I had to go home. Then the next day we managed to ask the dosey doctor and she said she didn't really know what I needed, and then another doctor put their two pence in that they thought a meningitis C had to be renewed every 5 years.

They haven't got a clue.

All of it is BS I'm pretty sure. It's for life, and that's it, I'm 99% certain, and that's what a guy said at a clinic place I rang. But now I can't help being all mixed up and unsure because all these idiots are telling me different things.
India789
Winkworth House... anyone?

Me :biggrin:
10D, you?
Reply 3994
little_lau89
Me :biggrin:
10D, you?

25A. :yep:
pinki_13
aerospace engineering, mayb we'll see eachother, lol

Probably!

Everyone will be posting their room numbers once we get them :biggrin:. I'm sure someone makes a thread for the freshers of each residence, don't they?
Reply 3996
Onor-Elizabeth

Hi! Just wondering when we get our room numbers/flat numbers?? I know it's not really important but it'd be nice to find flamates!

Also...do you know what kinda things are lined up for freshers this year? :biggrin:
Here we go, I have a (probably) stupid question. :biggrin:

You know the page that the email directs you to with all the forms on? Are you meant to send the "Personal Information" and cycle space forms off alongside the room acceptance form, or are you meant to wait and send it later, because there's a space on both the cycle and personal info forms for my room number, which I obviously don't have yet. Do I just leave the room number part blank and send it off anyway, or wait and send it later? (Does it even matter?)

EDIT: Even rereading that, I confused myself.
Reply 3998
foxycaradoc

You know the page that the email directs you to with all the forms on? Are you meant to send the "Personal Information" and cycle space forms off alongside the room acceptance form, or are you meant to wait and send it later, because there's a space on both the cycle and personal info forms for my room number, which I obviously don't have yet. Do I just leave the room number part blank and send it off anyway, or wait and send it later? (Does it even matter?)

I don't have a cycle space form :s-smilie: I know Wills has a bike rack that's kept locked so I dunno
foxycaradoc

I didn't put down my room number, I just sent it in straight away. You could wait until it's closer to the deadline and if they still haven't told you, just send it in. (I think I read somewhere that you have to accept your offer before they'd give you your room details)

Latest

Trending

Trending