The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I'm an international student and I've firmed Bristol as well. I'm thinking of living in self-catered and ensuite accomodation. Is woodland and Unite house a good choice?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 5981
The bristol uni site just announced the opening of a new accommodation location , Colston Street. Self catered and having both standard single and en suite. Seems rather affordable. Plus it's new. Anyone currently living in Bristol know anything about its location, distance from uni, shops, etc?
Original post by aaronwu
The bristol uni site just announced the opening of a new accommodation location , Colston Street. Self catered and having both standard single and en suite. Seems rather affordable. Plus it's new. Anyone currently living in Bristol know anything about its location, distance from uni, shops, etc?

i have posted my thoughts recently somewhere
when are we meant to receive the information about the accommodation through the post?
Original post by Peter_Petrelli
when are we meant to receive the information about the accommodation through the post?

i thinks its june 1st
Reply 5985
i posted something in another forum, maybe i should post it here:

how do they allocate halls based on your first and second choices? is it random? first come first serve? based on the small essay you have to write about yourself?
Original post by loxemori
i posted something in another forum, maybe i should post it here:

how do they allocate halls based on your first and second choices? is it random? first come first serve? based on the small essay you have to write about yourself?

I believe it's random, but proportonate to who applied so if 25% of applicants were medics then 25% of allocations go to medics if that makes sense? That's what someone told me anyway :smile:
Reply 5987
Original post by Pheebs1201
I believe it's random, but proportonate to who applied so if 25% of applicants were medics then 25% of allocations go to medics if that makes sense? That's what someone told me anyway :smile:

Oh okay, thanks (:
Dammit, I really want to be in Badock! Have you decided yet?
Oh okay, thanks (:

loxey which one should I apply to?! :biggrin:

(go on skype)
Oh okay, thanks (:

Badock ftw :biggrin:
Oh okay, thanks (:

Oh god I can't even believe how stupid this is but I might be crazy and try for Goldney...
Reply 5991
Original post by Phil1541
Badock ftw :biggrin:

Haha =P I really want to be in Badock, but it's so oversubscribed. Dammit :/ What's your second choice?
Reply 5992
Original post by Pheebs1201
Oh god I can't even believe how stupid this is but I might be crazy and try for Goldney...

Uhh why stupid and crazy? O:
Is it really oversubscribed?
Reply 5993
Original post by Potiron
loxey which one should I apply to?! :biggrin:

(go on skype)

Badock with me obviously! I am online, I was tutorin' before. But you're not online now ):
Haha =P I really want to be in Badock, but it's so oversubscribed. Dammit :/ What's your second choice?

I heard it wasn't that bad and that there's only slightly more applicants than spaces.

I'm hoping thats true :tongue: otherwise my second choice is Hiatt Baker, what about you?
Reply 5995
Original post by Phil1541
I heard it wasn't that bad and that there's only slightly more applicants than spaces.

I'm hoping thats true :tongue: otherwise my second choice is Hiatt Baker, what about you?

Exactly the same. Haha chances are we'll end up in the same hall then!
Uhh why stupid and crazy? O:
Is it really oversubscribed?

Last year 3 times more applicants than places or something mad like that eughhh!
Can anyone tell me whether woodland and unite house are good choices?
Reply 5998
man..I want to get into Goldney but the 3-1 ratio thingy is seriously making me consider Manor as my first choice :/
Original post by neinei1437
Can anyone tell me whether woodland and unite house are good choices?

I had a friend in Unite house, great for being local to the uni, and right next to the o2 arena (which hosts a indie night every friday which is a good shout. Also within easy walking distance of all the big/popular clubs. If you can afford it, then go for it?

Woodland road, is close but I'm afraid my knowledge is limited with anything else after knowing where it is.

I was in UH and thought it was great, don't let the distance put you off, there is a free bus service run by the uni now, and when I was there the walk really wasn't bad (and it was only 10-15mins travel by bicycle)
Original post by volante
man..I want to get into Goldney but the 3-1 ratio thingy is seriously making me consider Manor as my first choice :/

why dya wanna go to Goldney so bad? (not critisising, just curious) I've never really understood what about it makes it so much better than anywhere else.
The advice would be if you put somewhere over subbed as your first choice, choose somewhere undersubbed as your second. Most people will get their first or second choice, and at the end of the day it's usually the people that make a break a hall.

Latest

Trending

Trending