The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone.. I confirmed my place today, didn't apply foor accomodation before since it was my insurance choice. I logged in the accomodation website and it says I'm not eligible to apply for accomodation.. does anyone how long this will take to change? :redface:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by TheBBQ
Hey everyone.. I confirmed my place today, didn't apply foor accomodation before since it was my insurance choice. I logged in the accomodation website and it says I'm not eligible to apply for accomodation.. does anyone how long this will take to change? :redface:

Also interested in anyone with an answer for this as I am in the same situation. Does anyone know which halls will be available to us as I thought we had a more limited choice?
Original post by Unsworth
Also interested in anyone with an answer for this as I am in the same situation. Does anyone know which halls will be available to us as I thought we had a more limited choice?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/apply/#online

Not sure if this is helpful but I'm assuming those only available as first preference (i.e. those that are oversubscribed) was removed after 31st July

Some residences are oversubscribed and will only be available as first preference. In 2014 Badock Hall, Churchill Hall, Colston Street, Durdham Hall, Goldney Hall, The Hawthorns, Richmond Terrace, Wills Hall and 97 Woodland Road will only be available as a first preference. After 31 July residences that are already oversubscribed with applicants will be removed from the preferences list and students applying after this time will have reduced choise for their preferences.
(edited 9 years ago)
Question for previous students:
Not sure if this has been answered before. But last year did any of you find out your accommodation before the set date? As we've been told we will find out on the 28th, but is there a chance we could find out sooner?
Original post by iamyourmum
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/apply/#online

Not sure if this is helpful but I'm assuming those only available as first preference (i.e. those that are oversubscribed) was removed after 31st July

It still says the same, been over a day, I really hope we get it tommorow.. :frown:
Original post by TheBBQ
It still says the same, been over a day, I really hope we get it tommorow.. :frown:

I think when most of the accommodation is oversubscribed, it is removed. Most probably, you should get your accommodation options on 28 August. It's best if you write an email to the university.
Original post by CivilEngAsp101
I think when most of the accommodation is oversubscribed, it is removed. Most probably, you should get your accommodation options on 28 August. It's best if you write an email to the university.

Not just that, but it just says that we can't apply for accomodation at all when we login, as if the system of Bristol doesn't recognise that we're going there!? I have no e-mail from Bristol either..
Reply 9987
Hey guys this is kind of unrelated to this thread but I was wondering if someone could help me out with this?
If any of you are applying for tier 4 visas what did you put down as your address in the UK? (seeing as we don't get accommodation till the 28th) and it really needs to be sent off soon :/
Original post by tashac
Hey guys this is kind of unrelated to this thread but I was wondering if someone could help me out with this?
If any of you are applying for tier 4 visas what did you put down as your address in the UK? (seeing as we don't get accommodation till the 28th) and it really needs to be sent off soon :/

I used this for mine

Senate House, Tyndall Ave, Bristol, City of Bristol BS8 1TH, United Kingdom
Reply 9989
Original post by iamyourmum
I used this for mine

Senate House, Tyndall Ave, Bristol, City of Bristol BS8 1TH, United Kingdom

ahh that's the uni's right? so it's ok to use that? Thanks for your help! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by CivilEngAsp101

Just tried logging in and now it will let me! Just a heads up :smile:
Original post by TheBBQ
Just tried logging in and now it will let me! Just a heads up :smile:

Yeah I applied this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9992
Just applying now as was my insurance choice, not much choice of accommodation though and all UNITE, what is it that gives UNITE such a bad reputation? I'm not sure between Waverley House and Favell House as a first choice anyone know anything more.
Thanks
Original post by eds123
Just applying now as was my insurance choice, not much choice of accommodation though and all UNITE, what is it that gives UNITE such a bad reputation? I'm not sure between Waverley House and Favell House as a first choice anyone know anything more.
Thanks

Which are the other options that you can choose from? The two you're asking about are basically the same, right next to each other, but Waverley is over a massive garage, so it's quite a tall building and your view will most probably be really nice! They're both really overpriced, though. :/
Yeah I applied this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by eds123
Thanks

Yeah there's not much choice left.. would have loved Hawthornes :frown:
does anyone know what determines whether you get your first choice accommodation? i put wills as my first choice but slightly regretting not putting churchill as my first!
Original post by Layla Gepghry
does anyone know what determines whether you get your first choice accommodation? i put wills as my first choice but slightly regretting not putting churchill as my first!

Wills is better :wink:

But no don't worry :smile:
It's pretty randomised basically after taking into account certain conditions etc.
Reply 9997
I just emailed the accommodation office and apparently because the Under-Grad houses are over-subscribed it is very unlikely any post-Grads (that are not from overseas) will get accommodation.
When do we find out what we got?
Original post by Swarley1
When do we find out what we got?

The 28th if you applied before the deadline :smile::smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending