The Student Room Group

Paypal ordered me to refund over £1,000 for pre-sale Michael Jackson tickets.

I bought 4 Michael Jackson tickets for £338 and sold them on eBay for £1,038, good times.

However i recieve payments and all is good when Paypal suspend my account for "suspicious" activity.

I then ask them why this has happened and i get a response of "we are working to find out why."

Not good enough in my eyes, so i get another email today saying the payments were held until i got positive feedback (which i did)

However i get another email just 45 minutes ago demanding i refund the whole payments to my buyers as it is outside the 20 day posting requirements.

I clearly stated in my eBay listing that the tickets would not come until 10 days before the event.

Is it possible to take legal action against this claim?

And is anyone else selling MJ tickets experiencing this also?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
My best mate sold some Take That tickets on there on the day they were released - but she hasn't recieved the tickets yet. She didn't have a problem.

But tbh, you shouldn't have bought the tickets if you weren't a fan.
Reply 3
Maybe its due to profiteering from tickets intended to true fans rather than touts?

However, I have no understanding of the legalities of selling tickets so this is a uneducated guess.
Reply 4
lol your a ticket touter and deserve it. I wanted to see MJ but guess what he was sold out, i look on ebay and find ridiculosly extorionate rates. Basically your actions are illegal and you got caught, do you lose your initial £338 aswell.... that seems a bit harsh.
Reply 5
Paypal are tyrants, they think they can push people around and take people's money etc.

go to paypalsucks.com.
Reply 6
I sold Britney tickets once for £200 once when I bought them for £40. Paypal are idiot-heads.
Reply 7
good idea, i like it.
Get it up you.
Touts are bastards.
Reply 9
That's gay. :frown:
I wouldn't suggest handing over any money until you're clear on why they want it back and whether it's within their rights to do so.
-tReVoR-
lol your a ticket touter and deserve it. I wanted to see MJ but guess what he was sold out, i look on ebay and find ridiculosly extorionate rates. Basically your actions are illegal and you got caught, do you lose your initial £338 aswell.... that seems a bit harsh.

No he doesn't.

This is how we are bought up nowadays, nothing is seen as right or wrong anymore. Its all profit and loss.. take advantage or lose out.

He simply used his initiative, as long as he is honest there is nothing wrong with selling tickets on. Its a simple business concept .. supply and demand dictates price. The demand for these tickets is high, supply is low.. price naturally goes up.

It maybe seen unfair and I would definately think it was immoral for a large corporation to do that but not for an individual (atleast in this scenario - i.e. tickets for a concert. It would still be fair for a corporation to do the same for other stuff IMO).
tbh is people like you who ruin the industry...
Reply 13
Anderson8
I bought 4 Michael Jackson tickets for £338 and sold them on eBay for £1,038, good times.

However i recieve payments and all is good when Paypal suspend my account for "suspicious" activity.

I then ask them why this has happened and i get a response of "we are working to find out why."

Not good enough in my eyes, so i get another email today saying the payments were held until i got positive feedback (which i did)

However i get another email just 45 minutes ago demanding i refund the whole payments to my buyers as it is outside the 20 day posting requirements.

I clearly stated in my eBay listing that the tickets would not come until 10 days before the event.

Is it possible to take legal action against this claim?

And is anyone else selling MJ tickets experiencing this also?

Thanks

You cannot take any legal action against PayPal.

As much as I hate that thieving company, you violated their 20-day posting requirement for these tickets.

Just because you stated that the tickets wouldn't arrive until 10 days before the event, it doesn't override PayPal's requirements. You would lose in court.

Sorry!
Reply 14
What's wrong with making money off people happily willing to part with it? I used to sell invites to a torrent tracker for £5 each on ebay. Easy money.
Well, you're just going to have to find an honest way of making money, I guess.
DJkG.1
You cannot take any legal action against PayPal.

As much as I hate that thieving company, you violated their 20-day posting requirement for these tickets.

Just because you stated that the tickets wouldn't arrive until 10 days before the event, it doesn't override PayPal's requirements. You would lose in court.

Sorry!

He could post them something verifying that they have validly paid for the tickets and on x - day/time they will recieve the actual tickets.

So if i was you, I would re-list them and contact your buyers explaining what has happened.
Reply 17
anonymouz
Paypal are tyrants, they think they can push people around and take people's money etc.

go to paypalsucks.com.

^what he said...

never use paypal for any large amounts of monies... they can just take what ever they like
I sold some concert tickets on there (coz my mate gave me better ones when something came up and she couldnt go) in November 2007 and they didn't arrive til a couple of weeks before the concert in March last year, I emailed the buyer to explain and she gave me positive feedback for communication. No idea why you'd be in trouble over it.
Hmm.. speaking of legal action. I should know this, but i can't be bothered to look it up in detail.. look for Unfair Contract Terms Act (forgot what year it is).

Also, ring them.. pester them .. say you are ringing your lawyers, demand to speak to higher members of staff and see what they have to say for themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending