The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i've had some ice skates in the past, and we bought some metallica tickets off there too.
Reply 21
My G4 Mac laptop, bathroom tiles, board games, D&D books, heated towel rail...... the list goes on.
Reply 22
I'm looking to buy a motorbike from Ebay if that counts?
Quite a bit. Electronic stuff, clothes, games, dvds, cds, gig tickets, japanese queen vinyls, cd wallets, mobile phones, stereos.. pretty much anything.
Reply 24
I'm not telling!
VintageAmbition
I know this thread has been done before but I wanted a more up to date idea of what people are buying. I personally use ebay quite alot for various things clothes, electricals and skincare. But im interested to know what other people are buying.

Clothes, shoes, books, sometimes cosmetics though must be extra careful, party decorations etc and all delivered to me at uni! Loves it :smile:

Is it okay to buy electricals? What if they don't work or go wrong? And so many fake GHDs out there...
Reply 26
I've bought games, and that's about it, including a couple I couldn't have bought anywhere else.
Small things, such as screen protectors for my phone.
Reply 28
Most recent purchases of mine:

A Beetlejuice poster, a musical jewellery box, a blackboard, some American pennants, a Powerpuff Girls photo frame and a hoody.

I generally use eBay to decorate my room as you can see :smile: How sad!
watch.
Last few of things i bought were a digital photoframe keyring for a quid i'd seen them in the shop for 20 pounds (just noticed there isn't pound sign on my keyboard), a rainbow brite Tshirt transfer for 1.50 and and and Irn Bru Glass from 4 pounds. I sell more than i buy, clothes, text books i no longer need, dvds, a couple of mobile phones.
Reply 31
clothes, boots, fish! lol.....

and anything i cfind cheaper than the shops!!

i sell anything as well...... my old clothes, and any crap round the house we dont use..!
Reply 32
hippieglitter
Last few of things i bought were a digital photoframe keyring for a quid i'd seen them in the shop for 20 pounds (just noticed there isn't pound sign on my keyboard), a rainbow brite Tshirt transfer for 1.50 and and and Irn Bru Glass from 4 pounds. I sell more than i buy, clothes, text books i no longer need, dvds, a couple of mobile phones.

:hello:

Sorry to deviate somewhat from the primary focus of this thread. But it is hard to sell things through eBay and set up an account and go through all the hassle of having to deal with bank details, payement and postage details etc? You're around me age and probably a student too, so you'll hopefully understand where I'm coming from on this.

In answer to this thread, I have never even been on eBay before. Hence the questions above, of which aree because I have some things that I'd like to sell- some DVDs, books and stuff.:yes:
Books, scarves, music related things (posters, rare items), polaroid film, shoes...

Occasionally clothes though not very often.
Elements
:hello:

Sorry to deviate somewhat from the primary focus of this thread. But it is hard to sell things through eBay and set up an account and go through all the hassle of having to deal with bank details, payement and postage details etc? You're around me age and probably a student too, so you'll hopefully understand where I'm coming from on this.

In answer to this thread, I have never even been on eBay before. Hence the questions above, of which aree because I have some things that I'd like to sell- some DVDs, books and stuff.:yes:

Its really not difficult at all as long as you have a paypal account and request that you are only paid via paypal. There are a few rules of safety, know when to spot a phishing email especially if you are selling something expensive, i had big problem with phishing emails when i sold my mobile phone. Never reply to emails personally always reply through ebay, where possible do everything through ebay. Never give out your details. Other than that it is really easy.
Reply 35
hippieglitter
Its really not difficult at all as long as you have a paypal account and request that you are only paid via paypal. There are a few rules of safety, know when to spot a phishing email especially if you are selling something expensive, i had big problem with phishing emails when i sold my mobile phone. Never reply to emails personally always reply through ebay, where possible do everything through ebay. Never give out your details. Other than that it is really easy.

Ah, Paypal- I don't have it.

Thank-you very much for your sound advice.:yy: I shall definitely follow it if I move ahead with this idea etc.:smile:
Concert tickets and tour/band merch.
Reply 37
wildcat123
Books, scarves, music related things (posters, rare items), polaroid film, shoes...

Occasionally clothes though not very often.

Mmm polaroid film :smile: Only thing is it costs an arm and a leg - how much do you normally pay just out of interest?
Reply 38
band t shirts - e.g. most recently i got a smiths meat is murder one and a david bowie one that's actually originally from topshop. both brand new of course, i'd never buy second hand clothes...

badges/pins
the odd dvd (though it's usually easier using play.com or amazon rather than waiting for days bidding on them)

I've sold stuff in the past too.. dvds, mighty boosh tickets..

I'm currently after Shameless series 4, but ive been outbid and it'd now actually be cheaper to buy it elsewhere.
A floppy disk drive.

That is all.

Latest

Trending

Trending