The Student Room Group
Reply 1
generally if a passport is not available they may suggest a drivers license or a birth certificate
Reply 2
NW86
generally if a passport is not available they may suggest a drivers license or a birth certificate

Will they prove my right to work in the UK?
Reply 3
birth cert as it shows your place of birth, as does your driving liscense
Reply 4
Last time they asked me to bring it but not show it.

You could try the post for guaranteed next day delivery?
Only a passport can show a right to work, as it will contain a visa if you are foreign and have a right to work here, or be an EU passport. Place of birth is irrelevant.
Reply 6
Ask your parents to post it
Reply 7
a_t
Ask your parents to post it

Yeah but will it even get here for Wednesday if they post it tomorrow? :confused:
Reply 8
Hana_87
Yeah but will it even get here for Wednesday if they post it tomorrow? :confused:

Well its 4pm, if they post it now it will be there by Wednesday, and if they do recorded delivery on Tuesday it should get to you on time
Reply 9
a_t
Well its 4pm, if they post it now it will be there by Wednesday, and if they do recorded delivery on Tuesday it should get to you on time

Cant get hold of anyone to post it now - GODDDDD maybe i should just email them and explain. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 10
If I were you I would just flutter my eyelashes at them and explain how I'm terribly sorry but my passport is at my parents house and it would be a terrible inconvenience to get it on such short notice
Reply 11
a_t
If I were you I would just flutter my eyelashes at them and explain how I'm terribly sorry but my passport is at my parents house and it would be a terrible inconvenience to get it on such short notice

They're women - so i doubt flirting will work. I've already had to change the interview date from Thursday to Wednesday so i reeeally don't want to cause another problem. Ohhhhhhhhhh crap.
Get your parents to send it to you by special delivery? It costs 5 pounds and it's guaranteed to get to you by 1pm the next day. If you pay more you can get it by 8am.

Latest

Trending

Trending