The Student Room Group

Home Student Fees criteria

Home Student Fees
I was born in the UK am a British citizen and studied primary school and upto Year 6 of secondary school in the UK. I have been studying overseas since Year 8 due to my parents temporarily living abroad and we plan to return to the UK in Year 12. Will I qualify for home student fees when i go to University as I would have been back only 2 years before I start University
Note that the unis you apply to determine your fee status. SFE determines your eligibility for funding.

You may qualify for home fees if you can evidence that you were only temporarily abroad and maintained links with the UK.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Note that the unis you apply to determine your fee status. SFE determines your eligibility for funding.

You may qualify for home fees if you can evidence that you were only temporarily abroad and maintained links with the UK.

What evidence is needed to show temporary time abroad and links with the UK? My older sisters live and work in the UK and my mother has bought a property in the UK recently in preparation for our return. My mom has been working on a three year contract abroad and I am studying in a school abroad. We have regularly visiting the UK to see my sisters and family during holidays.
Original post by kalyanigandhi
What evidence is needed to show temporary time abroad and links with the UK? My older sisters live and work in the UK and my mother has bought a property in the UK recently in preparation for our return. My mom has been working on a three year contract abroad and I am studying in a school abroad. We have regularly visiting the UK to see my sisters and family during holidays.

Each uni determines what evidence they might accept but it could be things like:

Dated work contracts

Receipts of trips to the UK

Bills relating to property maintained in the UK in the interim

Reply 4
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Each uni determines what evidence they might accept but it could be things like:

Dated work contracts

Receipts of trips to the UK

Bills relating to property maintained in the UK in the interim

HELLO

similar struggle here , Im currently living in spain but have my UK pre settlement. ive done my A levels and GCSEs in a British school here in spain. Im supposed to go to Uni in 2024 , I am also an EU citizen, My dad mainly lives in the Uk right because we own properties (so pay taxes) and he has is IT company in the UK. am I still eligible for Home Fees
Original post by spam44
HELLO

similar struggle here , Im currently living in spain but have my UK pre settlement. ive done my A levels and GCSEs in a British school here in spain. Im supposed to go to Uni in 2024 , I am also an EU citizen, My dad mainly lives in the Uk right because we own properties (so pay taxes) and he has is IT company in the UK. am I still eligible for Home Fees

It's not really possible to advise based on the info in forum posts, (and unis may well disagree with what I say and have you go through a fee reassessment process in any case).

I would advise having a read of the UKCISA website as it lays out the criteria that unis use when determining your fee status:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/information--advice/fees-and-money/home-or-overseas-fees-the-basics

Bear in mind you can always apply, see if you get offers, see what fee status you're given, and then go through the fee reassment process if needs be. So you're not really committed to going anywhere until you've enrolled, (a month or two ahead of course start date).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending