The Student Room Group

School Experience for PGCE application as a non-UK citizen

Hi,

I'm a non-UK citizen who is planning to apply for a PGCE. I want to apply to a school experience scheme but so far, it seems like the schools require a right to work in the UK for the school experience. Do you have any idea as to how I can get school experience without a right to work? I do hold a tourist visa.
Do you think a virtual school experience can be helpful if I can't do one in person?

Thanks!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by muzeyyen
Hi,

I'm a non-UK citizen who is planning to apply for a PGCE. I want to apply to a school experience scheme but so far, it seems like the schools require a right to work in the UK for the school experience. Do you have any idea as to how I can get school experience without a right to work? I do hold a tourist visa.
Do you think a virtual school experience can be helpful if I can't do one in person?

Thanks!

Hi @muzeyyen

You NEED to get a Get Into Teaching advisor! They are the BEST!

Click here to apply for one. Have a read of the eligibility criteria and what support they can offer and see if it is something you are interested in.

I recently completed a PGCE interview and was accepted! My advisor was brilliant when it came to writing my personal statement and practicing for the interview:smile:

I wish you all the best.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @muzeyyen

Click here to apply for one. Have a read of the eligibility criteria and what support they can offer and see if it is something you are interested in.

I recently completed a PGCE interview and was accepted! My advisor was brilliant when it came to writing my personal statement and practicing for the interview:smile:

I wish you all the best.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Good afternoon Anastasia (@BCU Student Rep),

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. I am so pleased to learn of your positive experience with the Get into Teaching service. Clearly I am biased but our advisers are absolutely fantastic, and our support is FREE!

@muzeyyen we'd be delighted to help you throughout your journey.

Best wishes,
Tom
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @muzeyyen

I wish you all the best.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Hi Anna,
What questions were you asked for the one on one interview. I have mine coming up in 2days and I feel so nervous
Reply 4
Original post by muzeyyen
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, the UK doesn't issue "tourist visas". I assume you have a "Standard Visitor" visa, which allows visits for tourism, amongst other things; see https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

Is there a reason why you can't do your work experience in a country where you are allowed to work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending