The Student Room Group

Doing LLB conversion at a scottish uni as an english person

Would doing an LLB at a scottish uni, where they teach primarily scottish law, disadvantage me in terms of qualifying to work or do an LLM in the UK? I'm finding it a bit difficult to research easily how these kinds of thing work and I have practically zero background knowledge so i thought i should ask here.

I'm interested in doing a law conversion course (currently a history undergrad) before doing an LLM in an area related to human rights law in England, and then starting my career either in the UK or in Europe. My boyfriend currently goes to Edinburgh university and will be starting his 4th year when I graduate. Edinburgh offers a two year law conversion course and is by far the best ranked uni which does (the others are southern/midlands ones which were recently established and don't seem too enticing), so this is the obvious best choice for me.

On a partially related note, would it also be difficult for me to find work in law in Europe if i was educated in the UK? We're primarily looking at moving to Germany or Austria for reference.

Again im going into this with zero background knowledge so anyone who can point me in the right direction to learn more would be a great help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending