The Student Room Group

Betting question

Hey, I don't know what forum this should go on but anyway, I was wondering if anyone could explain multiple betting to me;

A double - I understand that to mean if you place two bets i.e. A and B, then a double bet means you need both to win (and your return is odds multiplied together..), but say you place 4 bets A,B,C and D then what exactly does the double mean there?

Does it mean that all the possible pairs AB, AC, AD, BC, BD and CD have to win for you collect any return. Thanks (rep)
Reply 1
anyone know?
Reply 2
Hi Moonfield,

Multiple betting quite simple. A double is simply two selections which both have to win for it to be a winning bet, 3 selections is a treble, 4 selections a 4-timer, 5 a 5-timer and so on. With each bet ALL the selections must win, e.g. all four selections in a four-timer must win. To calculate the bet you take the price for the first winner and multiply it by your stake, then add you original stake on top. All of that moey goes on to your next selection and so on.

Here's an example:

You have a £1 treble and all of your selections win at prices of 3/1, 4/1 and 2/1.

Your original £1 is placed on the first winer at 3/1, 3 x £1 = £3
You add the £3 winnings to your original stake of £1 to make £4 and that is placed on your second winning selection.

£4 x 4 = £16 + £4 = £20

That £20 is placed on the final selection at 2/1. £20 x 2 = £40 + £20 = £60

Your winnings are £60. Or you could say you had a 59/1 treble.

Hope I haven't confused you more.
Reply 3
Moonfield7
Hey, I don't know what forum this should go on but anyway, I was wondering if anyone could explain multiple betting to me;

A double - I understand that to mean if you place two bets i.e. A and B, then a double bet means you need both to win (and your return is odds multiplied together..), but say you place 4 bets A,B,C and D then what exactly does the double mean there?

Does it mean that all the possible pairs AB, AC, AD, BC, BD and CD have to win for you collect any return. Thanks (rep)

yep that's right. I used to work in a bookies and that's how we would work out acc's when training. There are 6 doubles in 4 selections.

EDIT not all of them have to win for you get a return but at least one double needs to come through for you get some money

Latest

Trending

Trending