Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone here play hockey? ive just been playin i tripped/got tripped dont really remember, how come u never remember falling??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout)
    anyone here play hockey? ive just been playin i tripped/got tripped dont really remember, how come u never remember falling??
    Yeh play all the time, have just finished a match. We won 5-2 Getting ripped to shreds by the astroturf is probably the worst part of playing. Apart from that its a extremely skillful and enjoyable game to play.

ReputationRep:
    its the best sport!! ever we lost 1:2 damn pentaly flick im sure she made a mountain outta a molehill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout)
    its the best sport!! ever we lost 1:2 damn pentaly flick im sure she made a mountain outta a molehill
    Diving isn't starting to affect hockey now as well is it?

ReputationRep:
    in this game this one girl was the ball was practially over the backline wen she fell although one of us may have tripped her. only a idiot would dive in hockey

ReputationRep:
    Is hockey a hard game to pick up? Only I have never really played a proper game but would like to play when I go to uni as I like ball sports and racket sports and I think I would enjoy hockey - only I have never played so willI be able to start at uni? Any tips of things to remember would be good...

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever played hockey for a laugh and it's quite easy to pick up...

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i play field hockey, i am a bit of a rookie tho, my fav' position is left wing, or up front, i got put as right back during a practice game, and got blamed for the goal against us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Is hockey a hard game to pick up? Only I have never really played a proper game but would like to play when I go to uni as I like ball sports and racket sports and I think I would enjoy hockey - only I have never played so willI be able to start at uni? Any tips of things to remember would be good...
    I would say hockey isn't that hard to pick up, though if you want to play it to a high standard the skills involved are immense and there is little margin for error. Also good standard hockey is played at a very high pace.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.