The Student Room Group

making friends in a new sixth form

I decided to move schools for year 12, and I currently attend a sixth form attached to a school so my year is quite small (appx 100 people) and I am finding it so hard to fully settle.

Firstly, I have spoken to the head of curriculum if I could switch from an EPQ to Religious Studies but they said its too late ,but this just upsets me as I think I would have enjoyed Religious studies so much more. I might talk to the Head of Year 12 if that'll change anything or possibly ask my parents to email the school.

secondly, I am struggling friendship wise. Don't get me wrong, I have made friends as I am quite extroverted and I enjoy meeting new people however I feel as If I haven't found the right friendship group yet. The group I am currently with are nice but I just don't think they are the right people for me and i just don't fit in with them as we don't have many similarities. for example, I read a lot of books, play hockey and netball but they don't, which doesn't bother me much but I just wish I had friends with more similarities to me. I know it'll take time to fully settle and find the right friendship group but I don't understand how to form good friendships with others.

The girls I play hockey with are nice but I don't know how to just start hanging out with them. One of the girls is so similar to me - she likes the same singers as me, as well as music and we are in the same Eng Lit class but I don't know how to get closer to her. Also, the girls I play netball with are lovely, and some of them are also so similar to me but I don't really have classes with them, except for one. Any advice on how to convince the RS teachers to let me switch and find the right friendship group ?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending