The Student Room Group

moved to a new sixth form and struggling to make friends

I decided to move schools for year 12, and I currently attend a sixth form attached to a school so my year is quite small (appx 100people) and I am finding it so hard to fully settle.

I am struggling friendship wise. Don't get me wrong, I have made friends as I am quite extroverted and I enjoy meeting new peoplehowever I feel as If I haven't found the right friendship group yet. The group I am currently with are nice but I just don't think theyare the right people for me and i just don't fit in with them as we don't have many similarities and I just don't feel connected with them . for example, I read a lot of books, play hockey and netball but they don't, which doesn't bother me much but I just wish I hadfriends with more similarities to me. And Its always me talking to them first-they never ask e questions back.I know it'll take time to fully settle and find the right friendship group but I don't understand howto form good friendships with others.

The girls I play hockey with are nice but I don't know how to just start hanging out with them. One of the girls is so similar to me -she likes the same singers as me, as well as music and we are in the same Eng Lit class but I don't know how to get closer to her.Also, the girls I play netball with are lovely, and some of them are also so similar to me but I don't really have classes with them,except for one. Any advice on how to find the right friendship group and just start hanging out with them?
Original post by amydelrey
I decided to move schools for year 12, and I currently attend a sixth form attached to a school so my year is quite small (appx 100people) and I am finding it so hard to fully settle.

I am struggling friendship wise. Don't get me wrong, I have made friends as I am quite extroverted and I enjoy meeting new peoplehowever I feel as If I haven't found the right friendship group yet. The group I am currently with are nice but I just don't think theyare the right people for me and i just don't fit in with them as we don't have many similarities and I just don't feel connected with them . for example, I read a lot of books, play hockey and netball but they don't, which doesn't bother me much but I just wish I hadfriends with more similarities to me. And Its always me talking to them first-they never ask e questions back.I know it'll take time to fully settle and find the right friendship group but I don't understand howto form good friendships with others.

The girls I play hockey with are nice but I don't know how to just start hanging out with them. One of the girls is so similar to me -she likes the same singers as me, as well as music and we are in the same Eng Lit class but I don't know how to get closer to her.Also, the girls I play netball with are lovely, and some of them are also so similar to me but I don't really have classes with them,except for one. Any advice on how to find the right friendship group and just start hanging out with them?

Go to the library or cinema with them perhaps? 🙂 lol

You could listen to music together too!!! 😀

Try to study and share your ideas with them too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending