The Student Room Group

my boyfriend is leaving for two months…

so this sounds super dramatic, but it’s not. and i know that… so my boyfriend is leaving country/state for about two months. he’s going to the philippines for about three weeks, as i’m writing this he’s in LA, he left last night. then after the philippines he comes back for five days, which is good! i can see him then, but after those days, he goes to a hockey camp in new hampshire. mind you, we both live in alaska, we’re a bit younger, but to me i see it a lot more than some high school relationship. (moving forward, i don’t want to seem like a possessive or needy girlfriend, because i am not. however some of the things i say or do may lead to people thinking i am one.) i’m happy he’s going out, he never really goes anywhere and i think we both should work on being more independent and not depending on each other for joy/happiness, but we’ve only been together for 6 months. i don’t know how long we will work out, we’ve had many issues but we’ve gotten through them. i do miss him a lot, i’m just trying not to make it super obvious, i don’t want to be too, well, obsessive? i can’t describe it, but i hope all of this makes sense. i know compared to people, two months is basically nothing, but i’m more of a quiet person, i never talk to anyone, not because of him but mainly because i don’t want to. he’s my best friend, which in some ways may be unhealthy, but i haven’t found myself to do anything yet. i could take this time to do that, but i don’t know if i’ll be successful.

i don’t know what i expected from writing this, i guess i just wanted to see anyone else’s opinions and possibly just get told everything was gonna be okay. thanks for reading it means a lot :smile:
Original post by alaynarc
so this sounds super dramatic, but it’s not. and i know that… so my boyfriend is leaving country/state for about two months. he’s going to the philippines for about three weeks, as i’m writing this he’s in LA, he left last night. then after the philippines he comes back for five days, which is good! i can see him then, but after those days, he goes to a hockey camp in new hampshire. mind you, we both live in alaska, we’re a bit younger, but to me i see it a lot more than some high school relationship. (moving forward, i don’t want to seem like a possessive or needy girlfriend, because i am not. however some of the things i say or do may lead to people thinking i am one.) i’m happy he’s going out, he never really goes anywhere and i think we both should work on being more independent and not depending on each other for joy/happiness, but we’ve only been together for 6 months. i don’t know how long we will work out, we’ve had many issues but we’ve gotten through them. i do miss him a lot, i’m just trying not to make it super obvious, i don’t want to be too, well, obsessive? i can’t describe it, but i hope all of this makes sense. i know compared to people, two months is basically nothing, but i’m more of a quiet person, i never talk to anyone, not because of him but mainly because i don’t want to. he’s my best friend, which in some ways may be unhealthy, but i haven’t found myself to do anything yet. i could take this time to do that, but i don’t know if i’ll be successful.

i don’t know what i expected from writing this, i guess i just wanted to see anyone else’s opinions and possibly just get told everything was gonna be okay. thanks for reading it means a lot :smile:

I would be worried
Take this time to work on who you are outside of this relationship. It isn't healthy to be dependent on one person for all of your social needs.
Reply 3
i know it’s not healthy, we both just help each other with those things a lot, i’m not super social but he helps me get out there and be more myself, it’s really nice.

i’m not saying that i should keep being dependent on him for everything, it’s just he plays a huge role in my life and it gets lonely sometimes, i hope i can get through this!
It’s okay, you should be comfortable with him sharing his love to others.
Reply 5
Original post by Little pecker
It’s okay, you should be comfortable with him sharing his love to others.

of course! i’m happy for him, he’s going to see his family, and the next trip is a hockey camp. i’m excited for him to get out and do things, he’s not excited though.
Original post by alaynarc
of course! i’m happy for him, he’s going to see his family, and the next trip is a hockey camp. i’m excited for him to get out and do things, he’s not excited though.

I meant spread his love to other women…
Reply 7
Original post by Little pecker
I meant spread his love to other women…
uh why would i do that?
Ignore some of the others. As 1582 said, use this time to do things you enjoy, and hopefully you can meet some other people along the way. Not to replace him of course, but so he is not the only person you know. I totally understand him giving you confidence, and it's great that he does! But if in two months time you both have met some new friends, and both have new things you love to talk about, that could be really good for both of you :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending