The Student Room Group

The most overrated UK band/singer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Take That and that screechy La Roux is annoying me at the moment. Although generally I think UK listeners don't get too excited about homegrown talent, we seem to keep them in perspective...it's crappy US bands/rappers which take over the airwaves in the summer just to keep the chavs happy, they generally have half the talent of the equivalent UK artist but recieve twice the attention.
fox_the_fix
Idiot.

Amy Whinehouse has one of the best voices of our generation. When was the last time a white women had a contralto voice on similar levels to Billie holiday?

Her music was known before her 'decadent lifestyle', you're just a clueless f&ck. Let me guess, you established her being known for her lifestyle because the media reported it more than her musical ability? Well since when do the BBC have a front page article about how great a new album is? Never.

You completely missed the point.

SHe wasn't the household name she is now before she became known for her various scandals, and thats whats rocketed her into becoming as over-sized as she is now. At the very least that makes her overflogged but with her name being rubbed in your face every two seconds for her latest drug binge, the more her scant musical contributions are inflated. This is a thread about over-rated artists, remember? I personally do not think her music nearly merits the coverage she gets. And personally I dont even like the music at all, but thats not really the point - ones opinion of a band has nothing to do with how over rated they are, surely?
Pete(r) Doherty

someone else to be = farmers daughter
I know he is not from the uk- but justin beiber.
The jumped up overrated tit.
The Beatles
Coldplay, although I am sure that's been repeated 100 times.

I also find that Munford & Sons bit too repetitive, and Ed Sheeran stuff total a bore. Paloma Faith's voice is just unlistenable to me. (I feel like such a music snob, no disrepect to those who enjoy this music, listen to what you love).

I love The Beatles but I always find it cringey when people say 'They were the best band in the world' or whatever.
Drake

Quick Reply

Latest