The Student Room Group

AM I the only one who finds Jack Black annoying and not funny?

I don't get the hype over Jack Black... he's hardly ever funny in the movies he stars in, maybe one or two good parts thats about it.
Maybe its just me, idk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its just you.
Reply 2
I liked him in School of Rock, and I like some of his songs, but I know what you mean and am inclined to agree.
Eimky
Its just you.

Nope I don't really find him funny. In my opinion he doesn't posses that sharp wit/mind that some of the best comedians do.
I envy his confidence though. I really do.
Reply 4
Have you seen the POD? I think its absolutely hilarious :biggrin:
He's light hearted good fun.
Reply 6
Sorry, Just You
I think some of his characters have been funny, but as a person I think he just tries too hard. I saw him on Jonathon Ross and he irritated the hell out of me, with all his silly faces. It's much the same as Lee Evans in my opinion - funny when he's on stage/in character but when it's constant it just bores me.
Reply 8
I hate that kind of cheap, stupid "humour".
Reply 9
irritates the hell out of me. It's not clever humor. Just loud, shouty, pulling faces humor.
Daina
I hate that kind of cheap, stupid "humour".

But that's whole the point! Jack Black plays being an idiot in his own little world so well. He's a skilled performer that captures the idiocy that you dislike, and that's what makes it funny. There's another level in his acting that's above and beyond his dumb persona. I think you're taking him a little too literally and missing the whole point.
I found hiim funny in school of rock apart from that i dont really like him
He's ok. Some of his characters are quite similiar.
He was very good in "Tropic Thunder" though.
Reply 13
He's in tenacious D = awesome
Yeah I saw him on Jonathan Ross, I hate watching immature lardy blokes making money by saying weird stuff - the other guy was Jack Black.
He's annoying.
Reply 16
He's smile worthy, but not funny.
Like when a 4 year old gives you their picture of a cat., "thats...great...".
Reply 17
I find him more annoying than ketchup in glass bottles.
I wouldn't say he was hilarious. He tends to make my dad laugh a fair bit but I don't see why.
He was quite good in School of Rock but other than that, I don't see the big deal about him.
Reply 19
Wrote "Tribute".

...Past that, eurgh.

Quick Reply

Latest