The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gosh dnt b so pathetic
it is nt racist at all cos no indian...or decent one wud b offended. unless u got sumit 2 hide......and if 1 thing applies wel ur as gud as Got!
God bless...

BLACKKKK POWERRRRRRanways
ahem
Reply 21
curryADD
of course not, your indian...feel free to tell racist jokes about texans and then i will get mad too :smile:

im italian/indian and i dont feel the need to stoop that low and take the piss out of texans. Unfortunately im not a very racist person and i don't find it amusing to take the mick out've other peoples race.
Reply 22
Anna
im italian/indian and i dont feel the need to stoop that low and take the piss out of texans. Unfortunately im not a very racist person and i don't find it amusing to take the mick out've other peoples race.

dont get mad.....i laughed while i read it, not thinking thats so true but thinking thats funny!

chill out! seriously, im not being racist or anything....
Reply 23
I think the reason there is a big difference between indian and black jokes that Black people tend to be christian and more likely to have a very similar culture to white people where as Indians are quite often different religions so there is a massive culture different.

Black jokes tend to be more about the colour than culture which is why they are probably worse than indian ones.

Its a very deep discussion to get into though.
Reply 24
curryADD
dont get mad.....i laughed while i read it, not thinking thats so true but thinking thats funny!

chill out! seriously, im not being racist or anything....

you would find it funny though,it wouldn't be so funny if i brought up a huge list that took the piss out've christians or people from other races. I respect all races and i don't appreciate people laughing at mine...half of mine..
Reply 25
lolz you just copied and paste that from an email, the joke is so old, its been past round more than once,
Reply 26
Anna
you would find it funny though,it wouldn't be so funny if i brought up a huge list that took the piss out've christians or people from other races. I respect all races and i don't appreciate people laughing at mine.

go ahead laugh at mine...i wouldnt care because i know things that are truly wacked up with my culture!

and i said i wasnt laughing because it was TRUE....but because it was AMUZING!
Reply 27
As for as I am concern anybody can take the piss out of my religion because I know its all a load of crap.

As for my culture, find as many girls as you can to shag, have fish and chips for tea and go to football matches just to start fights.
Reply 28
curryADD
go ahead laugh at mine...i wouldnt care because i know things that are truly wacked up with my culture!

and i said i wasnt laughing because it was TRUE....but because it was AMUZING!

im not just saying it to you curry,its just the people that said 'oh its so true lol,thats funny' it probably happens in there family but how can they say that? do they go around staying at every indians family and looking at how stupid they act? i think not.
Reply 29
amazingtrade
As for as I am concern anybody can take the piss out of my religion because I know its all a load of crap.

As for my culture, find as many girls as you can to shag, have fish and chips for tea and go to football matches just to start fights.

interesting culture....are u an isreali jew?
Reply 30
oh cum on!..................i'm asian and i found it funny cos most of the stufff are tru!!.........................well sum of them anyway! :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Ohh no no no! Some of you have the wrong idea! LoL- most of the things on the posted list are absolutely true- and it isn't offending to us Indians. I'm probably going to show most of my Indian friends this and I'm positive they're going to laugh. Plus- whoever posted the list is probably Indian too- so how can they be racist--if they'd be offending themselves?<--try figuring that out..I'm having trouble. :wink:
Reply 32
Dracos_Goddess
Ohh no no no! Some of you have the wrong idea! LoL- most of the things on the posted list are absolutely true- and it isn't offending to us Indians. I'm probably going to show most of my Indian friends this and I'm positive they're going to laugh. Plus- whoever posted the list is probably Indian too- so how can they be racist--if they'd be offending themselves?<--try figuring that out..I'm having trouble. :wink:

I personally wouldn't post things like that because although the majority of Indian people may not be offended, there may be some that are. I am strictly against any kind of racial discrimination.
_EMMA_
i agree, this seems to be mostly prejudices with no real facts behind

I found most of it completely spot on!!

Bainted benchods...
Reply 34
NikNak
I personally wouldn't post things like that because although the majority of Indian people may not be offended, there may be some that are. I am strictly against any kind of racial discrimination.

*shrugs* Oh welll~*too late now, ey? I got my laugh off of it so I'm good:::::
Reply 35
_EMMA_
i agree, this seems to be mostly prejudices with no real facts behind

lolololol omg how can some1 called emma try and say that those aren't based on facts? believe me they are very true (not of all indian families but the typical first generation immigrant familes) and are very funny..we shud all be able to laugh at ourselves or the world is a very boring place!
Reply 36
The thing I said about the Singh family in Manchester is very true. The Indian culture is a very friendly one with very close families. The original message on this thread made a joke about some of these things. I am sure it was just done as a light hearted joke and nothing was meant by it.

Its pretty much all the Goodness Greatous Me jokes. Nobody said that show was racist.
Reply 37
matouwah
hmm.....i bet if someone posted something similar about blacks this thread would recieve more adverse comments...

Probably, but if they had a sense of humour they'd laugh. I found that really funny and most of it completely applies to Nigerians. Can't speak for Indians cause i'm not one but if it applied to Nigerians I'd say more of it was the truth than stereotypes.
Reply 38
It's obviously written by an Indian. There's nothing wrong with poking a bit of fun at your own culture. Like amazingtrade says, goodness gracious me isn't considered racist. There wouldn't be anything wrong with me making a few jokes about white, suburban culture.
Reply 39
Jools
I found most of it completely spot on!!

Bainted benchods...

Now now jools...no swearing....

Latest

Trending

Trending