The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Why don't Muse ever have any good support? Been listening to the Foos a bit more lately, and if there was a gig with both the Foos and Muse...Well...I reckon it'd take a while to clean up the sticky messes afterwards...
I agree with Din (as opposed to Nick)

I had two days in September this year, Jacks Mannequin (my other favourite band) on the 4th, Muse in Teignmouth on the 5th. Takes some beating but yeh their support is generally ****.

I liked Roderigo y Gabriella at Wemb though
Looking back at the muse supports i've seen...

noisettes - crap
Shy child - ok but not really to my taste
Biffy clyro - awesome, started my interest in biffy
mcr - well, i guess they're marketed at the right crowd, they made me want to slit my wrists by about the 3rd word of the first song.
the big pink - could have been good but they were just too too loud to make out anything.

I saw them at V fest too but that doesn't really count for support. Although stereophonics were really good. :smile:
A'ight lads and ladettes?

Din, did ya get the sex last night? I'm dying to know...

... and to stay on topic. Erm... Uhm... Ahh... Who's gonna try and get tickets to that intimite show in Paris?
JohnnySPal
A'ight lads and ladettes?

Din, did ya get the sex last night? I'm dying to know...

... and to stay on topic. Erm... Uhm... Ahh... Who's gonna try and get tickets to that intimite show in Paris?

:dry:
Dinendal Leralonde
:dry:

You're using the dry emoticon? What, are you trying to decribe the state of your admirer's vagina last night? :p:
:rofl:

Unfortunate smilie use there!
JohnnySPal
You're using the dry emoticon? What, are you trying to decribe the state of your admirer's vagina last night? :p:

I hate you...
i've just heard a 30 sec preview of neutron star collison. sounds meh

Paris show is too much effort, even if it would be epic win
I would go to paris show but it's right in the middle of my exam week.
museobsessed
i've just heard a 30 sec preview of neutron star collison. sounds meh

Paris show is too much effort, even if it would be epic win

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2010/05/13/30-second-sneak-muse-neutron-star-collision-love-is-forever-video-eclipse/

It's a clip so I'm reserving full judgement. I think it sounds alright. Not great, but not terrible either. It already beats Guiding ***** which means it can't be terrible, but then that isn't saying much...
Damn my crappy orange broadband - limiting my bandwidth between 6 and midnight.

I'll try get a listen later on, that's if Orange will let me stream a video (shock horror!)
museobsessed
cool :biggrin: I actually do archaeology, so I don't know any history people. I love Leicester, this is my 4th year cuz I took a year abroad :biggrin:
I might be off to squids tonight depending on my housemates

Sorry :o: been doing that a lot recently. Wow, what did you do abroad?
JohnnySPal

Really want to go but have exams like the day after :/ and then more exams a week after that. Argh.

But anyone heard anything for support for Wembley in Autumn? They've got Kasabian for some shows so do you think they might get them for Wembley? I don't really like them, but then again its just a support so no big deal either way.

I just hope it isnt like last year where they had Biffy on one day,... and The Streets on the other day in Wembley. Would have hated to have gotten The Streets. But really really hoping they have Biffy this year :biggrin:

yep heard that :biggrin: do you think its just for Glasto as Chris sounded like it was a one off thing, or also because he said you can't do much at festivals and it has to be stripped down; do you think they'll hold it off for Wembley so they can go all out. That would be AMAZING.
Supermassive_muse_fan
yep heard that :biggrin: do you think its just for Glasto as Chris sounded like it was a one off thing, or also because he said you can't do much at festivals and it has to be stripped down; do you think they'll hold it off for Wembley so they can go all out. That would be AMAZING.

I think they're going to go all out for the stadium tour. There's not that much they can do at festivals due to time constraints so they'll probably have the column things depending on how transferable they are and a nice light show and perhaps a few different songs.
I would have been at a/the HAARP Wembley gig/gigs if they didn't fall right between a horrible period of really really hard exams (that I subsequently got firsts on :yeah:). Sad times.

If they have an orchestra for the symphany they'll use it for all kinds of other songs. Very exciting :woo:

Judging by Radiohead at Reasing last year, you can't do that much outside play your set. Their elaborate 'curtain' lighting (google image it, it was incredible) was all set up the night before, and even then they came on 40 minutes late. I can't imagine they'll be able to set up a whole orchestra for Glasto given the monumental effort it'd need by their crew. Then again I would think that; I only want Wembley to get the orchestra because I want my gig to be the special one :p:
Blackout and B&H would be awesome... and I can't think of any other muse songs with strings in because I haven't listened to muse for AAAGES.
Supermassive_muse_fan
Sorry :o: been doing that a lot recently. Wow, what did you do abroad?

same subject, just in Italian. I was in Bologna and it was great :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest