The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

museobsessed
Next time we'll all meet up. Pity next time isn't for a while :frown:

Radiohead will probably tour again before Muse - we could see a far superior band together. Heh heh. Heh.

Or we could all go to Australia or the US. Any takers? :p:
I'd love to see Radiohead :ninja:

*flees quickly*
Boo Radiohead

Maybe we could *shock* meet up without needing a gig to give us a reason?!
museobsessed
Boo Radiohead

Maybe we could *shock* meet up without needing a gig to give us a reason?!

*shock* true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Feeling Good video on YouTube had it's 30,000th view a couple of days ago. It'll have been on there for two years in a couple of days. Pretty swell eh? :biggrin:
nice one :biggrin:
I love meeting muse fans at a gig for the wrong band. I met a bunch at RATM in finsbury park this year... hilarious.
hothedgehog
I love meeting muse fans at a gig for the wrong band. I met a bunch at RATM in finsbury park this year... hilarious.

At Reading last year a whole bunch of us at the very front had a huge bitch about Bloc Party, who were just about to come on. It was ace. Well, until I nearly died and had to crowdsurf out, anyway.
yeah... block party at reading was ******* ridiculous. I have never been so squashed in my entire life. Worth enduring for radiohead though! :biggrin: So glad i saw them before they went back to the studio!
JohnnySPal
Radiohead will probably tour again before Muse - we could see a far superior band together. Heh heh. Heh.

Or we could all go to Australia or the US. Any takers? :p:

If I'm ever going to the US to see a band, it'll be for Breaking Benjamin.
Dinendal Leralonde
If I'm ever going to the US to see a band, it'll be for Breaking Benjamin.

for me, it would be something corporate
for me, ben folds.
JohnnySPal
Add JSP to this:

Also to see some spakker-high-on-all-the-weed drumming:

That video is brilliant :biggrin: absolutely love MK Jam. Still can't believe how perfect that night was, amazing how by only changing about 5 songs from the Friday night it became one of the best setlists ever.

Also I was near the muselive sign :smile: wish there had been one for .mu as well as didn't go to the members meet.
Saturday was the best night of my life.
Friday was the best night of mine!
I don't have a smile big enough to remember it all properly...
I had a dream that started at the end of a Muse gig. I managed to stay about long enough and met Muse. First I saw Dom and for some reason we kept trying to run up walls, we were both pretty **** at it. I saw Chris for a few seconds to say hi before he wandered off somewhere and then Matt arrived, but it was Matt as he was in the origin days like really skinny and with gelled up spikey hair. Also he was wearing glasses but I could see through them that he was wearing mascara, but applied really badly and spider leg like. I thought it was funny and weird for him to wear it. I told him how good the gig was, and he was a bit weird and off with me. Sad times
museobsessed
I had a dream that started at the end of a Muse gig. I managed to stay about long enough and met Muse. First I saw Dom and for some reason we kept trying to run up walls, we were both pretty **** at it. I saw Chris for a few seconds to say hi before he wandered off somewhere and then Matt arrived, but it was Matt as he was in the origin days like really skinny and with gelled up spikey hair. Also he was wearing glasses but I could see through them that he was wearing mascara, but applied really badly and spider leg like. I thought it was funny and weird for him to wear it. I told him how good the gig was, and he was a bit weird and off with me. Sad times

Weird, he was totally fine with me :p:
I think Muse need to shake up the setlist a bit, its been the same since BHAR came out basically, and its getting a bit stale, you know SMBH it gonna be early into the set, and they end with SS, TaB, PiB and KoC. It's still good but everything needs to get mixed up a bit.
endtherapture51
I think Muse need to shake up the setlist a bit, its been the same since BHAR came out basically, and its getting a bit stale, you know SMBH it gonna be early into the set, and they end with SS, TaB, PiB and KoC. It's still good but everything needs to get mixed up a bit.

The trouble is they've got too many 'hits' that people want to hear. Say for example you went to your first muse gig and didn't hear PiB, one of muse's most iconic songs, you'd probably be a bit pissed off. But I agree with what you're saying in principle, a bit more shaking up of the set lists would do them good. Also, they should drop KoC from the last song and make it SS... SS is a killer finisher! :biggrin:
hothedgehog
The trouble is they've got too many 'hits' that people want to hear. Say for example you went to your first muse gig and didn't hear PiB, one of muse's most iconic songs, you'd probably be a bit pissed off. But I agree with what you're saying in principle, a bit more shaking up of the set lists would do them good. Also, they should drop KoC from the last song and make it SS... SS is a killer finisher! :biggrin:

I saw Muse a while ago, and I thought Knights of Cydonia was a fantastic closer. Stockholm's great 'n' all, but I don't think it's nearly as climatic, y'know?

Also hai from ML.
Broken Social Gene
I saw Muse a while ago, and I thought Knights of Cydonia was a fantastic closer. Stockholm's great 'n' all, but I don't think it's nearly as climatic, y'know?

Also hai from ML.

Oh hai! :beer:

I don't know.... I've only ever seen KoC or TaB as a closer and have much preferred Tab... I just don't really care for KoC! I think SS is stunning though... just degenerates the crowd into a massive mosh at the end of the gig... great. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest