The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed

where are you from in Devon? Teignmouth? :p:

Afraid not. Exeter. Only ever been to Teignmouth once (for the Seaside Rendezvous gig) but I've been a Muse obsessive since I was 7 years old. They played A couple of tracks on the local radio hailing a new local band and I liked it so I bought it as my first album.
Original post by mikeylawson

Afraid not. Exeter. Only ever been to Teignmouth once (for the Seaside Rendezvous gig) but I've been a Muse obsessive since I was 7 years old. They played A couple of tracks on the local radio hailing a new local band and I liked it so I bought it as my first album.

oh wow. you make me feel like a newbie muse fan. i've been a fan since absolution came out.
I was in Teignmouth for the second seaside rendez vous gig. it was amazing

oh wow. you make me feel like a newbie muse fan. i've been a fan since absolution came out.
I was in Teignmouth for the second seaside rendez vous gig. it was amazing

Haha sorry. I wouldn't class a fan since Absolution as a newbie. Besides, anyone with the name museobsessed has got to be a proper fan!

Haha sorry. I wouldn't class a fan since Absolution as a newbie. Besides, anyone with the name museobsessed has got to be a proper fan!

well no, but i've always felt inferiour to people who've loved them since OOS
Ha well anyone can call themselves Museobsessed but yeh i've seen them live 8 times, so I think i'm a fairly dedicated fan
obvious unplanned pregnancy is obvious
Original post by chrislpp

Original post by chrislpp
obvious unplanned pregnancy is obvious

they've admitted that. they're both over 30, whats the big deal? they've both got huge incomes and even if they do end up breaking up the kid is going to have a sweet life. shes already got a 7 year old
What a fail on their parts really... still, it's quite cute... god knows what the kid is going to turn out like...
they've admitted that. they're both over 30, whats the big deal? they've both got huge incomes and even if they do end up breaking up the kid is going to have a sweet life. shes already got a 7 year old

funny thing is you've probably stated that money doesn't = happiness before

but I guess kids are accessories when you're a popstar ha.

I just don't get Muse, Oxegen last year was a great set, even though it was meant to be 10x better based on votes, now they drop OoS like dead weight to play Undisclosed Desires and TiRO, it's also cringe worthy to see them prancing about after the Resistance onstage going for the whole glam thing, they casually tore up stages back in 2006 during the BHAR tour....muse y u no epic?
(edited 12 years ago)
I know... to be honest, for me, the next album is a complete make or break on my opinion of muse.
Original post by hothedgehog
Can't say I've actually listened to anything more than their singles. However, I found those pretty dire so considering that they're usually the best off the album I feel like my comment can still be founded! :tongue:

Fair enough, the album generally got good reviews, though I read somewhere that the Beady Eye album got better reviews than any Oasis album, which obviously annoyed Noel Gallagher. How desperate are you for a new Muse album?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Fair enough, the album generally got good reviews, though I read somewhere that the Beady Eye album got better reviews than any Oasis album, which obviously annoyed Noel Gallagher. How desperate are you for a new Muse album?

Not that desperate to be honest... I don't think it's going to be particularly soon anyway so don't have my hopes up in that respect but also, I'm having a really great session of listening to new music right now so I'm quite satisfied musically. :smile: I'm driving from Soton to Loughborough tomorrow so it's all getting aired. :smile:

Muse have slipped from first on my last.fm to 5th in the last 3 months!
Reply 5911
Been out of the muse loop for a while, any sign of proshots of the wembley gigs from last year on their way? I couldn't really care less about a new album at this point, last two albums leave me cold these days.
Original post by Duffking
Been out of the muse loop for a while, any sign of proshots of the wembley gigs from last year on their way? I couldn't really care less about a new album at this point, last two albums leave me cold these days.

There was Citizen Erased and something else released on their website from a million camera views from Wembley 2010... it was a christmas present last year....
Reply 5913
Yeah that's why I ask, there's obviously professional footage out there somewhere.
Yeah, they just don't seem to have released anymore of it... guess they'll just be releasing another HAARP if they did.
hoping to see them at leeds fest...can't wait :biggrin:

They're still number one on mine, but Rise Against are catching up. Although, I'll be honest, their latest album was disappointing too. And Breaking Benjamin and Fightstar are on hiatus. Ergh, I need some new bands to listen to. But all that seems to get released is this **** version of pop punk that's gayer than Panic! at the Disco having sex with Elliot Minor.
Reply 5917
According to my iTunes my most frequently listened bands are Muse, Chimaira, The Sword, Mastodon and Dream Theater. Lots of stuff catching up.
Not that desperate to be honest... I don't think it's going to be particularly soon anyway so don't have my hopes up in that respect but also, I'm having a really great session of listening to new music right now so I'm quite satisfied musically. :smile: I'm driving from Soton to Loughborough tomorrow so it's all getting aired. :smile:

What is your last.fm? Mines in my sig. Is that in your overall rankings or your 3 month rankings? Wow, I have just noticed Muse are actually 1st in my rankings, but thats probably because I listen to my other top 3 on my mp3 player! I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in Muse and getting more interested in other bands, for me thats bands like Radiohead, Massive Attack and other ambient trip hop type bands like Royksopp, Zero 7, Portishead and Air! When I feel I am losing interest in Muse, I just stick on Origin of Symmetry and my faith is usually restored :biggrin:
Original post by Duffking
According to my iTunes my most frequently listened bands are Muse, Chimaira, The Sword, Mastodon and Dream Theater. Lots of stuff catching up.

Wow all of us here have such varied music tastes, with only Muse being the common band!

Quick Reply

Latest