The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Maybe i didnt make my point in this thread clear.

Ok you may think that muslim women do not have freedom but the ones i have met do not act in the way a media portrays a "typical" muslim woman.
but anyway...

My point is that i do not believe that woman are as liberated as society portrays us, yes we can vote, yes we can integrate in the workplace yes we are allowed to be educated but we cannot look the way we want to look.

My point is this is woman in this world still have to sit down and "look pretty" we are not judged by our integrity, our personality and our intelligence the first thing men (and other women) see is our looks they look at out faces if it is attractive and "done up" properly, they look at our hair to see if its beautiful and they look at our bodies to see if it is an attractive figure and THEN they look at our personality.

My point is that compared to a muslim woman (the ones that CHOOSE to wear the modest clothing) is not judge upon her beauty/looks and aesthetically pleasing body but she is primarily judge by her personality.

It is obvious in the workplace as well it is obvious that the more "beautiful" looking girls get the jobs even if they are not necessarily more qualified. There are even some extreme cases where the more beautiful woman have to sleep with their bosses to get the job they want.

My question is...is that liberation/freedom?
matt608
This "debate" is completely ridiculous. Women are no more 'free' than men

It is not a debate it is just a discussion i just want to see everyones opinion. If woman truly had the same freedom and equality as men then why is it that some firms are still found to pay men more then woman for the EXACT same job..
Reply 81
Nobody's free silly! Least of all those who are religious!
Reply 82
pina.Love

It is not a debate it is just a discussion i just want to see everyones opinion. If woman truly had the same freedom and equality as men then why is it that some firms are still found to pay men more then woman for the EXACT same job..

How is that anything to do with freedom?
Reply 83
EskimoJo
How is that anything to do with freedom?

Womens freedom to find a job.
Most men or firms whatever do not treat women properly with pay and rights and simply think that women are merely in this world just to have children so in a sense its oppression
Reply 84
To be honest, coming from a woman, I don't really give a **** if we are objectified or not. I have enough freedom to do what I want in life.

Besides, I objectify men sometimes too you know, they're a lovely piece of useless meat around a cock :wink:
Reply 85
pina.Love
Womens freedom to find a job.
Most men or firms whatever do not treat women properly with pay and rights and simply think that women are merely in this world just to have children so in a sense its oppression

They can get which jobs they want, there's just not the equality to receive the same pay. :dontknow:
no and thats how it should be
Reply 87
pina.Love
Maybe i didnt make my point in this thread clear.

Ok you may think that muslim women do not have freedom but the ones i have met do not act in the way a media portrays a "typical" muslim woman.
but anyway...

My point is that i do not believe that woman are as liberated as society portrays us, yes we can vote, yes we can integrate in the workplace yes we are allowed to be educated but we cannot look the way we want to look.

My point is this is woman in this world still have to sit down and "look pretty" we are not judged by our integrity, our personality and our intelligence the first thing men (and other women) see is our looks they look at out faces if it is attractive and "done up" properly, they look at our hair to see if its beautiful and they look at our bodies to see if it is an attractive figure and THEN they look at our personality.

Lol, you're acting as if it's just guys that act this way. Girls often see attractiveness before anything else as well. It's just human nature. Deal with it.

pina.Love

It is obvious in the workplace as well it is obvious that the more "beautiful" looking girls get the jobs even if they are not necessarily more qualified. There are even some extreme cases where the more beautiful woman have to sleep with their bosses to get the job they want.

They don't have to sleep with their bosses, what nonsense. If they do this - they choose to.

If you don't want to wear makeup, do your hair and weak makeup everyday then don't. It has absolutely nothing to do with lack freedom that women tend to make themselves look good to attract the opposite sex. Guys try to as well.

It blows my mind that some girls still waste their time thinking about this nonsense. Absolute equality is just an ideal that will never exist. This is due to the inherent differences in the two sexes. If you're wanting everything to be equal, how about no maternity leave? Obviously completely ridiculous, but the point stands.
pina.Love
Ok many people may not like my thoughts and opinions but i have come to this slight realisation..

As we all know that muslim women wear headscarfs right? and some/most people in non muslim countries believe that muslim women are oppressed because they are covering up their bodies and hair but to me this is not the case.

I think that muslim women to an extent have more freedom then non muslims because (wait for it..) when you think about it carefully us women all over the world are oppressed by beauty and what the media tells us of how we "should" look. A muslim woman wears the headscarf so that males can see her inner beauty without judging her outer beauty.

We are constantly being told that certain celebrities are "too fat" or "too skinny" and what clothes we should be wearing, the latest cosmetic surgery, latest make-up and what is "in" or out. so to that extent women do not have freedom.

Also we are constantly being objectified by men who call women hot or not. It just seems like in this world if you do not have that bikini body or if you cannot even fit into nice clothes then you are ostracised and if you do have a bikini body and make a small mistake on the looks department you are still ostracised...

I know women can vote and have a freedom of speech, but it seems like the world is teaching females that you cannot get by in the world if you do not look good.

So..Do you truely believe this is freedom? (oh and sorry for the long post)

Discuss please

If a man threatened you in some way would you smack him one in the face?

If a woman threatened you in an equally threatening way would you smack her in the face?

90% would say no => no equality.
Reply 89
I dislike those who use "then" rather than the correct "than". Plus you are sexest.

Whoever neg repped me could you own up? I do not understand why you are calling me sexiest? It is merely just a question of equality and freedom, and most people do call it a MAN'S world not a womans!
Before correcting me on my grammar correct your spelling first LMAO

I do not understand people who give rep and never leave your names...are you scared of the internet monster?:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending