The Student Room Group

Motivation drops in the afternoon

Hi!
It is my first day of exam leave and I have a Music exam tomorrow and an English Lit. exam on Wednesday. I have been timing how much I have revised and so far I have revised for 2 hours 25 minutes. But now, I seem to be lacking motivation, and am not properly concentrated on revision. I know I should be revising, and I will revise later (I am going to a Music revision class), and most probably will be motivated again soon. But what can I do when I am not feeling motivated. I don't want to take a break as I feel guilty.
Any suggestions?
Reply 1
NickiM
But what can I do when I am not feeling motivated. I don't want to take a break as I feel guilty.
Any suggestions?

Wow. You have same exams as me. I have Music tomorrow (and German) and then English lit. on wednesday.

Remember you can take a break after 30 mins of revision, and that is apparantly the most effective revision to do. I realised yesterday that I really needed to go through my english literature again..I have 3 books for set study..(do you? I'm doing 1984, Death of a Salesman and Opening lines) and I need to tidy the notes for them all and practice writing essays for them at least twice for each of the texts. I also have to revise all 16 studies of areas of music and I have to memorise 7 characteristics of each area and summarise each area too.

As for the motivation..remember you need a high percentage for the a*s and you only have a day!!ARGH!!
Reply 2
Do you do WJEC Eng Lit? I don't do German but my friends have their German exam tomorrow too.
I have been taking a break every 30 minutes for 10 minutes. I took 1/2 an hour out for lunch. I am doing WJEC, and I only have 2 texts thank goodness, Of Mice and Men and A View From the Bridge. I read the WJEC revision guide and you have to know all this stuff which we haven't covered in class.

Which board are you doing Music on? I think it must be different to mine, I am on OCR, and going to a revision session at 2, but our class teacher is so bad. More worried about English Lit, though, even though I have got really high marks on practice papers. Ahhh!
Reply 3
just take a short break and chill out for an hour or so, then you will be ready to go again!
Reply 4
NickiM
Do you do WJEC Eng Lit? I don't do German but my friends have their German exam tomorrow too.
I have been taking a break every 30 minutes for 10 minutes. I took 1/2 an hour out for lunch. I am doing WJEC, and I only have 2 texts thank goodness, Of Mice and Men and A View From the Bridge. I read the WJEC revision guide and you have to know all this stuff which we haven't covered in class.

Which board are you doing Music on? I think it must be different to mine, I am on OCR, and going to a revision session at 2, but our class teacher is so bad. More worried about English Lit, though, even though I have got really high marks on practice papers. Ahhh!

I'm doing OCR English and Edexcel music. I'm worried about everything as well.. it's so close to the exams. But just think, next week, it's no exams!!
Btw..you're doing WJEC..does that mean you're in wales?
Reply 5
Im doing the English Lit. on Wednesday but I've only got one book (Catcher in the Rye)?

The rest is poems etc. for me.

Luckily, however, the English is my only exam this week :smile:.
Reply 6
You might be a bit tired or something. Take a rest and resume. When you revise after resting, you will get back into the routine. Good luck on the music exam tommorow.
Reply 7
45 mins of revision session with 15 mins of breaks between each revision session.the most effective. but then again i experience the same problem. i revise for 3-4 hrs and then stop and cant concentrate.lol.
Reply 8
No, although I am with WJEC, I am not in Wales!
Reply 9
NickiM
No, although I am with WJEC, I am not in Wales!

sorry :biggrin:
by the way.. how did your music go?
Reply 10
Oh no worries, just apparently our teachers like the syllabus the best. Music went well thanks, I think I did alright, though some of the questions were a bit dodgy. Really, really worried about English Lit. though tomorrow :frown:
Reply 11
NickiM
Oh no worries, just apparently our teachers like the syllabus the best. Music went well thanks, I think I did alright, though some of the questions were a bit dodgy. Really, really worried about English Lit. though tomorrow :frown:

Good luck for tommorow. Tell me about it when you've done it. Glad to hear you that the music exma went fine.

Latest