The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
HighSkies
Everyone I'd think is finding it difficult. We are supposed to show a completed PS when we get back to school with in the first week which isn't long after results day. So it looks as if I'll spend the whole two weeks writing it then when I actually have my grades so I can make realistic choices. Its kinda all up in the air right now. :rolleyes: I'm sure there will be teachers who you can talk to on results day too though, and they can point you in the right direction based on your results.

Totally irrelevent, but I'm into anime :smile: Is anime planet free?

Thanks

:woo:
Reply 21
i just join the TSR- welcome =)

well i have to start my uni application but i am stuck ..dont know where to start- start fill out the UCAS form for 2010, you only have to choose subjects you're interested in.

got too much pressure and summer just begun.. what if my results are bad? or what if i pick the wrong course?- UCAS Extra and Clearing if you want to change courses or results are not right or failed to get into any... all info on UCAS website.
Reply 22
HNA
OP
Jinxy

Most people change their mind anyway so don't worry.
So you plan to have:

A2:Psychology, English lit & lang, Accounting?
As: ICT, photography

I don't think you should try to do an intensive unless you are a consistan AAAAAA Grade student. A2 is FAR harder than As, you will look back to As and think it was a walk in the park. You will need all the free time you can get in year 13, cramming in a while A2 is really not a good idea. I would advise you take photography and forget about the psychology. Psychology is hard from what i hear with many case studies and things to remember, everyone i know who took if for As is dropping it for A2. Your good at photography, you need AAA for A2, keep what your good at and work hard.

that is an option, i have been really thinking about it that is an option, i might just stick with that ..thanks it helped reassure my doubts..i was worried what if i just break down and just fail coz psycology is tooo hard, you know what i mean. I might just settle for uni down the table like goldsmiths or suming coz i really dont mind becoming a teacher if that is an option coz for one thing i love helping people so it might work out.. but does it matter if i went down the table, and i heard it might be wise idea rom a friend due to the 40 % increase in applicants for uni?
Reply 23
HNA
that is an option, i have been really thinking about it that is an option, i might just stick with that ..thanks it helped reassure my doubts..i was worried what if i just break down and just fail coz psycology is tooo hard, you know what i mean. I might just settle for uni down the table like goldsmiths or suming coz i really dont mind becoming a teacher if that is an option coz for one thing i love helping people so it might work out.. but does it matter if i went down the table, and i heard it might be wise idea rom a friend due to the 40 % increase in applicants for uni?

40% Increase!!! Do you know how much that is!
It's 9% more people applying to uni this year than last year.
Apply to one top uni, a few middle and a few bottom unis if your worried.

and Take photography, it will do yourself a favour.
Reply 24
HNA
thanks, its actuallly not that bad i'm aiming to get into the top ten unis, just nervous coz they want AAB, AAA etc but i think i'll get a ABB- the last two subject might not get as high i fink C probs or E coz i picked ict as a filler subject and i detested it so badly, bad choice..

I don't know anything about photography, but I know a bit about English and applying for some of the best unis. I had a look at UCL, for Q300 they want AAA, grade A in English Literature or English Language and Literature, and a GCSE in a foreign language, with an AS level as well. Kings are slightly more generous, with their bare minimum offer of AAB, again with an A grade in English, and another AS.

Do you feel that you're up to the challenge? As you said, you are applying for some of the best univeristies in the world andyou'll have to be on top of your game throughout your next year. If I'm honest, they might not like the idea of a E in an AS that you consider a "filler subject." Perhaps you should retake it, and try and push it up to a C at least? What are the A levels that you're doing at the moment?

Hope this helps.
Reply 25
HNA
OP
Jinxy
40% Increase!!! Do you know how much that is!
It's 9% more people applying to uni this year than last year.
Apply to one top uni, a few middle and a few bottom unis if your worried.

and Take photography, it will do yourself a favour.

okay thanks..it just that there are people from my college who didnt even get a uni of thier choice and go no replies and they are bright people :s..that where the worries is comming from
Reply 26
HNA
okay thanks..it just that there are people from my college who didnt even get a uni of thier choice and go no replies and they are bright people :s..that where the worries is comming from

Top unis sometimes there can be 15 applicants to one place. So your up against 15 people when applying, it's not surprising. That's why you have to be realistic! :smile:
Reply 27
HNA
OP
Strangey
I don't know anything about photography, but I know a bit about English and applying for some of the best unis. I had a look at UCL, for Q300 they want AAA, grade A in English Literature or English Language and Literature, and a GCSE in a foreign language, with an AS level as well. Kings are slightly more generous, with their bare minimum offer of AAB, again with an A grade in English, and another AS.

Do you feel that you're up to the challenge? As you said, you are applying for some of the best univeristies in the world andyou'll have to be on top of your game throughout your next year. If I'm honest, they might not like the idea of a E in an AS that you consider a "filler subject." Perhaps you should retake it, and try and push it up to a C at least? What are the A levels that you're doing at the moment?

Hope this helps.

English is one of them, lit and lang, Photography and Accounting--i know E is not good but i dont know i might of done better than i think :/ & thanks
Reply 28
HNA
OP
Jinxy
Top unis sometimes there can be 15 applicants to one place. So your up against 15 people when applying, it's not surprising. That's why you have to be realistic! :smile:

i 'll see how my results go then give it a full consideration , thanks for everything
Reply 29
HNA
English is one of them, lit and lang, Photography and Accounting--i know E is not good but i dont know i might of done better than i think :/ & thanks

Of course you might have, and I'm not here to make your like miserable and crush your dreams etc, but as Jinxy said, you'll have to be realistic, and know that you'll be compeating agasint some of the best.

If you feel like going for it, then the best of luck!
Reply 30
HNA
OP
Strangey
Of course you might have, and I'm not here to make your like miserable and crush your dreams etc, but as Jinxy said, you'll have to be realistic, and know that you'll be compeating agasint some of the best.

If you feel like going for it, then the best of luck!

yer, i know what you mean, it better to be realistic thank to keep my head in the clouds..thanks still its helping :smile:
emmie19
Totally irrelevent, but I'm into anime :smile: Is anime planet free?

Thanks

:woo:

lol, anime-planet just keeps track of what you've watched. You could try animefreak.tv or anilinkz.net for anime itself. :yep:
Reply 32
HighSkies
lol, anime-planet just keeps track of what you've watched. You could try animefreak.tv or anilinkz.net for anime itself. :yep:

Kk, thank you!! =D

Latest

Trending

Trending