Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just heard people in dalton are niceerr, more sociable etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakyhello)
    i just heard people in dalton are niceerr, more sociable etc
    Just a personal preference though. People are gonna tell you different things so you might as well just wait and see for yourself and then if you don't like it, ask to move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Just a personal preference though. People are gonna tell you different things so you might as well just wait and see for yourself and then if you don't like it, ask to move.
    Also, surely it changes every year? I'm sure they don't put all the 'mean' people in Stafford, all the 'friendly' people in Dalton and all the others in Lawrence and low rise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Also, surely it changes every year? I'm sure they don't put all the 'mean' people in Stafford, all the 'friendly' people in Dalton and all the others in Lawrence and low rise.
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    Lol!! Nah they just put people anywhere and then people go about having fights about what the best tower is which prob does change every year.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!! Nah they just put people anywhere and then people go about having fights about what the best tower is which prob does change every year.
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    Lol!
    :p: I had to state the obvious people! I wish people would stop worrying about which towers are friendliest, it just seems silly to me. Whatever happens, happens for a reason, so you'll be put in a room because that's where God or Allah (not that either are real, in my opinion) or the accommodation people (not quite the same as God, granted) wants you to be.

Why do i always talk so much?

ReputationRep:
    :p: I had to state the obvious people! I wish people would stop worrying about which towers are friendliest, it just seems silly to me. Whatever happens, happens for a reason, so you'll be put in a room because that's where God or Allah (not that either are real, in my opinion) or the accommodation people (not quite the same as God, granted) wants you to be.

I think the point you're trying to make is such:

A sociable person will have a sociable time regardless of accommodation
    An unsociable person will have a unsociable time regardless of accommodation

That's a general rule of university; it can be whatever you make of it.

ReputationRep:

Well said.

I definitely think it's what you make of it. I've learnt a lot from the choices I made over the past 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Well said.

I definitely think it's what you make of it. I've learnt a lot from the choices I made over the past 2 years.
    Smtn said it better! :o: I hope (need) to learn a lot, whether or not that's from mistakes, who knows!?

(Original post by Smtn)
    I think the point you're trying to make is such:

A sociable person will have a sociable time regardless of accommodation
    An unsociable person will have a unsociable time regardless of accommodation

That's a general rule of university; it can be whatever you make of it.
    Yes, thank you Smtn. I don't know why i couldn't say that.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.