Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how dangerous would you consider marijuana?

as in mental health
    becoming addicted
    its effect on your day to day basis

ReputationRep:
    Depends entirely on how strong the weed is. In terms of day to day, you're pretty much ****** whilst under the influence.

ReputationRep:
    weed is weak, man up

ReputationRep:
    lets say hyperthetically someone smoked it everyday would this have an effect on their personality or put them at risk to being addicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    weed is weak, man up
    heroin was my next question for the fiends out there.

(Original post by Markus_09_)
    lets say hyperthetically someone smoked it everyday would this have an effect on their personality or put them at risk to being addicted?
    Hyperthetically, the ornly prawblem is lorng tem praranoiar.

ReputationRep:
    well they would be high all the time, so yeah it would effect their personality

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's not much more dangerous than smoking. Obviously if you smoked it every day for a long period of time, it would affect your personality, but then if you smoked tobacco everyday for a long period of time it would affect your body....

ReputationRep:
    I consider it no where near as bad for my mental health as alcohol

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has basically destroyed himself by smoking every day over a long period of time. He's literally only half there at any one point, and I can't see him leaving his factory job any time before he dies.

If you're not an idiot, and use in moderation, it's not so bad.

ReputationRep:

as in mental health
    becoming addicted
    Paranoia the main case, in same cases it can send you a bit wappy, my cousin is pratically housebound becuase they smoked everyday. Once in a while is OK but smoking it regualry will melt your brains if your unlucky

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it's no worse than tobacco or alcohol but the government classes it as illegal because it can't tax it because it can be grown almost anywhere. The government doesn't care about your 'well being' it just wants money off you, if it did then alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Tbh it's no worse than tobacco or alcohol but the government classes it as illegal because it can't tax it because it can be grown almost anywhere. The government doesn't care about your 'well being' it just wants money off you, if it did then alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal.
    So can tobacco? Its just easier/cheaper to buy it. The same would happen if you made maraju-hana legal...

ReputationRep:

as in mental health
    becoming addicted
    More dangerous than ecstasy, less dangerous than alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    So can tobacco? Its just easier/cheaper to buy it. The same would happen if you made maraju-hana legal...
    Well in bulk it would end up being cheaper due to the 400% tax on ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrogant Git)
    More dangerous than ecstasy, less dangerous than alcohol.
    QFT.

ReputationRep:
    Long term continuous use of marijuana leads to a degradation in synaptic connection - i.e it means that literally, you think slower. It's more difficult for the brain to translate and develop thought - it's also known to trigger underlying psychotic and mental problems - like paranoia and schizophrenia.

(Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    Long term continuous use of marijuana leads to a degradation in synaptic connection - i.e it means that literally, you think slower. It's more difficult for the brain to translate and develop thought - it's also known to trigger underlying psychotic and mental problems - like paranoia and schizophrenia.
    Basicly yea it maks u feel good n u get hih and av a good time yea so dis stuff ent tru its good for u u have a good time makes u feel good basicaly yea.

ReputationRep:
    Addiction rates:

Cannabis = 9% (http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/addiction.htm)
    Alcohol = 15% (http://www.drugsense.org/tfy/addictvn.htm)
    Heroin = 25% or more (http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/heroin/addiction.htm)
    Tobacco = 90% (http://www.drugsense.org/tfy/addictvn.htm)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.