The Student Room Group

I messed up the relationship, how can I get her back?

I was dating this girl for the past year and during the relationship I admit I got into a drug problem and did some things I maybe shouldn't have done like take her card and spend money on it and not be consistent with her but I really didn't mean it, it was the drugs and not me. My judgement was clouded too because of the drugs but I recently got sober and now I realize what I had.. she really held me down and had her life together (she was a doctor, had a nice car, house, etc) and I don't want to lose that because she really did a lot for me.. I found out recently that she has a new boyfriend which is weird because she left me only a month ago so I feel like she was talking to someone behind my back while we were together. Anyways, how can I prove to her that I love her and win her back? I really miss her and don't want to lose this.
Reply 1
I don’t see any way back from this. Learn from the mistakes and look for a fresh start with someone new
She very liked had emotionally checked out of the relationship a lot earlier than your actual breakup.

From her perspective you had a drug habit, stole her possessions and her money. That’s a huge violation of trust and you can’t reasonably expect her to want to go back to you, regardless of how good things were before that.

Focus on yourself, (hopefully you’ve kicked your habit), and move on.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was dating this girl for the past year and during the relationship I admit I got into a drug problem and did some things I maybe shouldn't have done like take her card and spend money on it and not be consistent with her but I really didn't mean it, it was the drugs and not me. My judgement was clouded too because of the drugs but I recently got sober and now I realize what I had.. she really held me down and had her life together (she was a doctor, had a nice car, house, etc) and I don't want to lose that because she really did a lot for me.. I found out recently that she has a new boyfriend which is weird because she left me only a month ago so I feel like she was talking to someone behind my back while we were together. Anyways, how can I prove to her that I love her and win her back? I really miss her and don't want to lose this.

Don’t deal with drugs and just because your privileged and fortunate to have been in a relationship you don’t take control of someone personal belongings like their card and what you can spend and not spend on when it clearly isn’t yours you bottled the relationship you learn from it get out of your drug addiction and learn a form of discipline in not spending money on things that’ll jeopardise a relationship and make your ex want to leave you or anyone want to leave you
Please don't bother her, she has already moved on and you should do the same. What you did in the past was a result of the current situation, regardless if it was because of drugs. You can't blame someone if they want to move on from that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending