The Student Room Group

I got excluded for this, is this right?

My friend smoked weed yesterday and had some leftover weed. She asked me if i could purchase it as she drastically needed to get rid of it however i told her no. As her friend though i asked my other mate who also smokes if he wanted to purchase it instead which he also replied with no. The school found out about these conversations and suspended me for 3 days and i may be possibly getting expelled as they’re classifying this as drug dealing. Baring in mind possession of drugs is illegal and distribution of drugs is also illegal. Did i deserve to be punished as i did not possess drugs neither did i sell them?
Original post by Namit.so8
My friend smoked weed yesterday and had some leftover weed. She asked me if i could purchase it as she drastically needed to get rid of it however i told her no. As her friend though i asked my other mate who also smokes if he wanted to purchase it instead which he also replied with no. The school found out about these conversations and suspended me for 3 days and i may be possibly getting expelled as they’re classifying this as drug dealing. Baring in mind possession of drugs is illegal and distribution of drugs is also illegal. Did i deserve to be punished as i did not possess drugs neither did i sell them?

is this your first time getting in trouble? if so it is an over reaction but then again every school has their own policies. I think because you asked someone else if they wanted to purchase it, it can be argued that you were helping distribution. Best bet - do a verbal and written sincere apology and why you want to continue education at that school, my friend offered to help the school cleaners as a form of punishment and they accepted that

You still attempted to deal. Tesco's sells apples. It doesn't matter if any specific person decides not to buy their apples at Tesco, the shop still deals. You only didn't deal because your 'other mate' said no, nothing to do with your right thinking, you were complicit in the attempt to deal by making the offer.
Yes, absolutely. Use or possession of small amounts of drugs yourself is one thing but it gets massively worse when other people are involved and they start calling it distribution or supply. From a criminal punishment point of view its kinda the difference between a warning and years in prison with all your property seized.

From a school point of view I can totally see them having a zero tolerance policy to dealing, party as your actions are affecting other students and they have a duty of care to the others to well, remove the problem. If it was personal use I think a lot of schools would suspend you and then try to turn you around but dealing is seen as a far more serious and exploitative offence. 2 folk were caught at my school years back with the smoker suspended, the one who brought it in expelled and police called.

I know you say you didn't touch the stuff, but you still count as dealing really, all many 'dealers' do is put seller in touch with buyer without being in the room. and that was v much what you were doing, the fact this convo got back to the school so quick tells you some of your friends aren't discreet or loyal.

Don't want to alarm you but if this happened yesterday you still might get a police knock on the door looking to talk or search the place. I don't know if a school would be obligated to report such a crime to police, but the more people involved the less discretion they can show. Like the 'mate' who gossiped or grassed you in will almost certainly tell others and their parents who will also talk, and before you know it you have parents phoning the school (or worse, the media or education authorities) to demand to know what's being done about 'all these drug dealers'.

A possible way out of this might be to simply claim you were too stupid to know what you were doing and have never possessed the stuff in your life.
Original post by threeportdrift
You still attempted to deal. Tesco's sells apples. It doesn't matter if any specific person decides not to buy their apples at Tesco, the shop still deals. You only didn't deal because your 'other mate' said no, nothing to do with your right thinking, you were complicit in the attempt to deal by making the offer.

Yip, Intent to supply hits pretty much as hard as going through with it
Yes unfortunately they have no idea how often you could be doing this and have to assume it's a normal occurrence for you. Are you the only one getting into trouble though? If you are, then yes it is unfair.
Reply 6
Intent to supply. Bang to rights.
Why didn't she just throw it in a bin or dump it in a bush or something?

Yes. You were attempting to create a deal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending