Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If the time-span was to be reduced to 6 months then the Portuguese Republic would be happy to sign the treaty.

ReputationRep:
    [ooc]Malta demands to know the representative who neg repped me, we are entitled to post, and such rude comments are not welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc246)
    If the time-span was to be reduced to 6 months then the Portuguese Republic would be happy to sign the treaty.
    The time span was reduced to six months to accommodate Portugal's desires. The Republic of Turkey feels this is an appropriate compromise. Do any other nations wish to make suggestions?

(OOC): Malta, doesn't it usually say who repped you? when u log in scroll down the page. I know it says who gave u positive rep... (/OOC)

ReputationRep:
    [OOC]AFC - The only way to tell is to become a subscriber, unless they've signed the rep. There's nothing I can do, unfortunately, and it is very possibly not someone within the MUN.[/OOC]
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    [OOC]AFC - The only way to tell is to become a subscriber, unless they've signed the rep. There's nothing I can do, unfortunately, and it is very possibly not someone within the MUN.[/OOC]
    [ooc]As I found out it, isn't only MUN reps who can rep in here[/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    [OOC]:sadnod: That's the problem.[/OOC]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] Argh.... I know that Morgan, I was just seeing whether someone was gonna be a chicken or not. P.S sorry for not putting [ooc] on it, thanks [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taigan)
    The time span was reduced to six months to accommodate Portugal's desires. The Republic of Turkey feels this is an appropriate compromise. Do any other nations wish to make suggestions?
    The Portuguese Republic thanks Turkey for the changes made, and will now sign it.

ReputationRep:
    [OOC: damn, that sucks - although I can see the technical difficulties with stopping people from repping in subforums. There should be some sort of gentleman's agreement though that you don't rep people when you don't understand what they're doing.]
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    [OOC: damn, that sucks - although I can see the technical difficulties with stopping people from repping in subforums. There should be some sort of gentleman's agreement though that you don't rep people when you don't understand what they're doing.]
    [ooc]Mine annoyed me because it said something like '**** lib dems, BNP ftw!' Just annoyed me because it was negging for my personal views at the time. Having now found out who it was, I didn't neg them because it was a troll and thats probably what they wanted.[/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc]Mine annoyed me because it said something like '**** lib dems, BNP ftw!' Just annoyed me because it was negging for my personal views at the time. Having now found out who it was, I didn't neg them because it was a troll and thats probably what they wanted.[/ooc]
    [ooc] with people like that, you just leave them too it I suppose [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    What does the MUN want to do with this? Vote?

ReputationRep:
    I think we're ready to vote on this one now Secretary General!

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to do it taigan? Pop the final treaty version in a new thread titled "Treaty - Arms Race in Space - Voting" or something? Since this is just the draft thread

Actually, how does the MUN want to deal with voting on Treaties? Just thinking out loud, what happens if it passes but some nations vote no? They don't sign?

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to do it taigan? Pop the final treaty version in a new thread titled "Treaty - Arms Race in Space - Voting" or something? Since this is just the draft thread

Actually, how does the MUN want to deal with voting on Treaties? Just thinking out loud, what happens if it passes but some nations vote no? They don't sign?
    We could have 1 thread for the vote, and then another thread for countries to officially sign and declare their intention to support it. If a country doesn't support the Treaty, they don't sign it - same as the NNPT.
    The official Treaty thread could have some official sounding text in the form of a sort of contract, which reps sign on behalf of their countries.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    As a treaty I'd get to pass it to the HoC as they have no rep it would have no effect, but would be a good trial to see how it would work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    We could have 1 thread for the vote, and then another thread for countries to officially sign and declare their intention to support it. If a country doesn't support the Treaty, they don't sign it - same as the NNPT.
    The official Treaty thread could have some official sounding text in the form of a sort of contract, which reps sign on behalf of their countries.
    I was thinking of something quite like this (I think I wrote it in the charter :confused:, if not I'll Reform it) but I hesitate to since it'd allow us to fall into the same trap of being unable to enforce anything against non-signatories...but there's little we can do. Even less on TSR, we could try with sanctions but it is, at the end of the day, words. Any ideas P?

I'll allow taigan to put this to the vote then do the official Ratification one once /if it passes. It's effectively the same thing but...might help keep people active in the MUN for longer, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    As a treaty I'd get to pass it to the HoC as they have no rep it would have no effect, but would be a good trial to see how it would work.
    Enjoy Might have one in time to sign the ratifiction.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Enjoy Might have one in time to sign the ratifiction.
    Maybe, never know. Would be interesting to see the debate from this

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of something quite like this (I think I wrote it in the charter :confused:, if not I'll Reform it) but I hesitate to since it'd allow us to fall into the same trap of being unable to enforce anything against non-signatories...but there's little we can do. Even less on TSR, we could try with sanctions but it is, at the end of the day, words. Any ideas P?
    For this one enforcement isn't really a problem - it looks like the countries who aren't going to sign are the only ones with the means to actually weaponize space anyway so it's very unlikely that we'd ever have a problem with violations.
    If we ever have countries breaking future treaties, I guess condemnation and a resolution would be the only things we could do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.