The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If the time-span was to be reduced to 6 months then the Portuguese Republic would be happy to sign the treaty.
[ooc]Malta demands to know the representative who neg repped me, we are entitled to post, and such rude comments are not welcome.
Reply 22
abc246
If the time-span was to be reduced to 6 months then the Portuguese Republic would be happy to sign the treaty.

The time span was reduced to six months to accommodate Portugal's desires. The Republic of Turkey feels this is an appropriate compromise. Do any other nations wish to make suggestions?

(OOC): Malta, doesn't it usually say who repped you? when u log in scroll down the page. I know it says who gave u positive rep... (/OOC)
[OOC]AFC - The only way to tell is to become a subscriber, unless they've signed the rep. There's nothing I can do, unfortunately, and it is very possibly not someone within the MUN.[/OOC]
Reply 24
Mrgd291190
[OOC]AFC - The only way to tell is to become a subscriber, unless they've signed the rep. There's nothing I can do, unfortunately, and it is very possibly not someone within the MUN.[/OOC]

[ooc]As I found out it, isn't only MUN reps who can rep in here[/ooc]
DayneD89

[OOC]:sadnod: That's the problem.[/OOC]
[ooc] Argh.... I know that Morgan, I was just seeing whether someone was gonna be a chicken or not. P.S sorry for not putting [ooc] on it, thanks [/ooc]
Reply 27
taigan
The time span was reduced to six months to accommodate Portugal's desires. The Republic of Turkey feels this is an appropriate compromise. Do any other nations wish to make suggestions?

The Portuguese Republic thanks Turkey for the changes made, and will now sign it.
DayneD89

[OOC: damn, that sucks - although I can see the technical difficulties with stopping people from repping in subforums. There should be some sort of gentleman's agreement though that you don't rep people when you don't understand what they're doing.]
Reply 29
Student2806
[OOC: damn, that sucks - although I can see the technical difficulties with stopping people from repping in subforums. There should be some sort of gentleman's agreement though that you don't rep people when you don't understand what they're doing.]

[ooc]Mine annoyed me because it said something like '**** lib dems, BNP ftw!' Just annoyed me because it was negging for my personal views at the time. Having now found out who it was, I didn't neg them because it was a troll and thats probably what they wanted.[/ooc]
DayneD89
[ooc]Mine annoyed me because it said something like '**** lib dems, BNP ftw!' Just annoyed me because it was negging for my personal views at the time. Having now found out who it was, I didn't neg them because it was a troll and thats probably what they wanted.[/ooc]

[ooc] with people like that, you just leave them too it I suppose [/ooc]
What does the MUN want to do with this? Vote?
Reply 32
I think we're ready to vote on this one now Secretary General!
:biggrin: Do you want to do it taigan? Pop the final treaty version in a new thread titled "Treaty - Arms Race in Space - Voting" or something? Since this is just the draft thread :smile:

Actually, how does the MUN want to deal with voting on Treaties? Just thinking out loud, what happens if it passes but some nations vote no? They don't sign?
Mrgd291190
:biggrin: Do you want to do it taigan? Pop the final treaty version in a new thread titled "Treaty - Arms Race in Space - Voting" or something? Since this is just the draft thread :smile:

Actually, how does the MUN want to deal with voting on Treaties? Just thinking out loud, what happens if it passes but some nations vote no? They don't sign?

We could have 1 thread for the vote, and then another thread for countries to officially sign and declare their intention to support it. If a country doesn't support the Treaty, they don't sign it - same as the NNPT.
The official Treaty thread could have some official sounding text in the form of a sort of contract, which reps sign on behalf of their countries.
Reply 35
As a treaty I'd get to pass it to the HoC :biggrin: as they have no rep it would have no effect, but would be a good trial to see how it would work.
Student2806
We could have 1 thread for the vote, and then another thread for countries to officially sign and declare their intention to support it. If a country doesn't support the Treaty, they don't sign it - same as the NNPT.
The official Treaty thread could have some official sounding text in the form of a sort of contract, which reps sign on behalf of their countries.

I was thinking of something quite like this (I think I wrote it in the charter :confused:, if not I'll Reform it) but I hesitate to since it'd allow us to fall into the same trap of being unable to enforce anything against non-signatories...but there's little we can do. Even less on TSR, we could try with sanctions but it is, at the end of the day, words. Any ideas P?

I'll allow taigan to put this to the vote then do the official Ratification one once /if it passes. It's effectively the same thing but...might help keep people active in the MUN for longer, I hope.
DayneD89
As a treaty I'd get to pass it to the HoC :biggrin: as they have no rep it would have no effect, but would be a good trial to see how it would work.

Enjoy :biggrin: Might have one in time to sign the ratifiction.
Reply 38
Mrgd291190
Enjoy :biggrin: Might have one in time to sign the ratifiction.

Maybe, never know. Would be interesting to see the debate from this :biggrin:
Mrgd291190
I was thinking of something quite like this (I think I wrote it in the charter :confused:, if not I'll Reform it) but I hesitate to since it'd allow us to fall into the same trap of being unable to enforce anything against non-signatories...but there's little we can do. Even less on TSR, we could try with sanctions but it is, at the end of the day, words. Any ideas P?

For this one enforcement isn't really a problem - it looks like the countries who aren't going to sign are the only ones with the means to actually weaponize space anyway so it's very unlikely that we'd ever have a problem with violations.
If we ever have countries breaking future treaties, I guess condemnation and a resolution would be the only things we could do.

Latest

Trending

Trending