The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't do them :smile: My cousin did the CCEA's though, I'm sure you did great. You're lucky! I get my results on the 27th, I'm going to be really nervous :eek3:
Most of my GCSEs apart from R.E. and Maths are with the CCEA exam board!!
I've been really confused about result days though...
Do we go into our schools on the 25th to collect CCEA results and then the 27th for results from other exam boards?
Or are the CCEA results sent out by post to arrive on the 25th?! D:
Aaaah
confusion
*cry*
Reply 3
ahh i know :s-smilie:
well all my exams were CCEA so i get them all on the 25th - apparently these are the rough copy of results and the proper hard copy comes out on the 27th, but cos there's such a short turnaround from results day until back to sixth form we're allowed to have them early!
I could never find a thread specifically for CCEA NI people, so i thought i better create one :smile: haha

So where are you all from? I'm from Fermanagh *whoo*
Reply 4
Just thought i'd add that my a level subject choices are

-English Literature
-History
-R.E
-Geography

I swear I am NOT a geek but I cannot wait to get back to school :L the weather in NI has been appalling.
I get mine all on 25th except French.
I just wanna knowwww.
Reply 6
examined
Antrim :biggrin:
I get 6 on the Tuesday, the other 4 are AQA so Thursday

Boo for AQA :smile: haha
Antrim is a place I have scarcely been :P my mum used to stay there when she was an air hostess :L fun fun :P
I had to get a summer job to take my mind off my results :/ People say I'm a nerd for saying this but I can't wait to get back to school :P for routine and friends and things..
What do you plan to do after GCSE's?
Reply 7
medbh4805
Do you get your maths module results on the 25th as well (for 4th years like me....)

I had this but our school didn't give us back our module results until we go back, as their priority on the 25th is sorting out the 'full' GCSE results!
I'd say your school would be the same :smile:
Reply 8
kaliedoscope
I get mine all on 25th except French.
I just wanna knowwww.

me too. :smile: I'll only be happy (i hope :-/) when I get my results!
rachlala14
ahh i know :s-smilie:
well all my exams were CCEA so i get them all on the 25th - apparently these are the rough copy of results and the proper hard copy comes out on the 27th, but cos there's such a short turnaround from results day until back to sixth form we're allowed to have them early!
I could never find a thread specifically for CCEA NI people, so i thought i better create one :smile: haha

So where are you all from? I'm from Fermanagh *whoo*

Im from Derry so i did CCEA too. :biggrin: I'm dreading my results!
I've started to get paranoid over the smallest things like.. was my handwriting readable and did i put my correct number on and stuff.. and to make it worse i want to do medicine and i need straight A*s and As or im screwed. :frown:

Good Luck with yours!
Reply 10
Mrs Matt Bellamy
Im from Derry so i did CCEA too. :biggrin: I'm dreading my results!
I've started to get paranoid over the smallest things like.. was my handwriting readable and did i put my correct number on and stuff.. and to make it worse i want to do medicine and i need straight A*s and As or im screwed. :frown:

Good Luck with yours!

oh my god me too (not the medicine thing, I'd love to be a teacher) but I keep worrying about things that I didn;t write in my English Lang and English Literature exam where I wrote a combined total of 22 pages..! Lmao and I hate when people compare answers after the exam - it makes me paranoid when people have said something entirely different!!
Lucky, you guys get 'em two whole days earlier! (Yes,. yes i know, in the grand scheme of things, two days don't mean much but still...) Anyhow, good luck to to all of ya'll!
Reply 12
mzwoteva16
Lucky, you guys get 'em two whole days earlier! (Yes,. yes i know, in the grand scheme of things, two days don't mean much but still...) Anyhow, good luck to to all of ya'll!

Normally NI get theirs before the rest of the UK but this year has been changed. Cos there is not a lot of time between results and going back to school (like 5 days) we get them early to give people a chance to weigh out their options of transferring schools ect.
examined
Our school, anyway, sent out a letter saying you could go into the school on the Tuesday if your results don't come in the post or whatever... So i guess you could go into school and say that your post comes too late, I'm waiting to see what my friends are doing first though :s-smilie:

Ohhh right ok...I'll ring up the school soon and see what the craic is! Thanks :smile:
Reply 14
MissesTwishes
Most of my GCSEs apart f

rom R.E. and Maths are with the CCEA exam board!!
I've been really confused about result days though...
Do we go into our schools on the 25th to collect CCEA results and then the 27th for results from other exam boards?
Or are the CCEA results sent out by post to arrive on the 25th?! D:
Aaaah
confusion
*cry*

did you do that oil painting in your spoiler? It's gorgeous :smile:
I would write more but I'm on my iPhone which ultimately makes things a lot more fiddly and complicated on TSR :L
rachlala14
did you do that oil painting in your spoiler? It's gorgeous :smile:
I would write more but I'm on my iPhone which ultimately makes things a lot more fiddly and complicated on TSR :L

Hey!! Yeah I did, I'm going to use it for my AS Level coursework this year which I'm basing on 'Old Hollywood' thank you so much for your kind words :love: <3
Reply 16
MissesTwishes
Hey!! Yeah I did, I'm going to use it for my AS Level coursework this year which I'm basing on 'Old Hollywood' thank you so much for your kind words :love: <3

no problemo :smile: it is really really good though!
I don't have an artistic bone in my body I'm afraid - stick figures are about the height of it..but cute stick figures :P

Just to let everyone know that CCEA grade boundaries for GCSE are available on www.ccea.org.uk from the 24th august!
So i guess we can sit the day before and kinda try to guess our grades :L
rachlala14
no problemo :smile: it is really really good though!
I don't have an artistic bone in my body I'm afraid - stick figures are about the height of it..but cute stick figures :P

Just to let everyone know that CCEA grade boundaries for GCSE are available on www.ccea.org.uk from the 24th august!
So i guess we can sit the day before and kinda try to guess our grades :L

Aaaah :woo: bad times! I just want to know what I've got! I'm terrifed about results day...*bites nails*

I just can't wait to go back to school and for everything to be over!!
im really confused about this all i still havent got a letter from school or anything about what to do
IrishPerson
im really confused about this all i still havent got a letter from school or anything about what to do

Hey! No worries, I'm in the same boat. I was in my school last week and out of curiosity went into the office to see what was happening. Apparently we're able to go into school on the 25th to collect CCEA results (only not as a hard copy i.e. not on paper) and then we can go in again on the 27th to collect the envelope with CCEA results & results from other exam boards such as AQA. You should give your school a ring or call into the office yourself to get details :smile:

It's all hickeldy pickeldy isn't it? :frown: at least it will all be over soon

Best of luck with your results :smile:

Latest