The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im soooo excited!!!! i cant wait to move out, move to london, meet new people and finally start my own life ...
although it is a bit scary too, as i dont really know anyone in the uk ... but still, i really look forward to it!!
Reply 21
Dubstepper
i am really excited but realllly scared. i hada really bad time the other day i got deep into thinkin bout uni and all these thoughts crossed my mind like 'what if i dont make any friends' 'what if i dont like my course' ' what if i miss my mum too much' etc loool

i can empathise, i keep thinking of all the reasons why people may not like me. Ridiculous reasons like my clothes or hair or because I'm a little older... it's having all this time on my hands that's doing it, it's making me paranoid.
Reply 22
Dijobla
i can empathise, i keep thinking of all the reasons why people may not like me. Ridiculous reasons like my clothes or hair or because I'm a little older... it's having all this time on my hands that's doing it, it's making me paranoid.

i keep thinkin that people wont like me because of silly things too :| it a more worse feeling then goin into yr 7 lol. how much older r we talkin? im 20 so a couple of yrs older oh and i cnt stnd immature ppl. i knw. i work 11 hours a week hardly fills my time
I'm far far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too excited!!!!!!! Time to meet sooo many new people, and have such a good time, do new things you would never have had the opportunity to do. Be who you want to be away from the pressure of everyone else. CAN'T WAIT :biggrin:
Reply 24
I'm soooo excited

40 days to go!

I'm just glad I don't have a conditional-or I'd be tearing my hair out just know
Im excited and im not even going til 2010 :awesome:
Reply 26
the excitment is coming out of my pores!
marcusmerehay
My birthday is on August 20th, why couldn't I have been born a year later :colonhash:

Surely if you were born a year later you would just be getting your results on your birthday next year :confused:
Rizzletastic
Surely if you were born a year later you would just be getting your results on your birthday next year :confused:

I had my results last year :yy:
Reply 29
Dubstepper
i keep thinkin that people wont like me because of silly things too :| it a more worse feeling then goin into yr 7 lol. how much older r we talkin? im 20 so a couple of yrs older oh and i cnt stnd immature ppl. i knw. i work 11 hours a week hardly fills my time

yeah I'm going to be 20 in august so not much older but all my friends are older than me as it is so it will be strange :/
Reply 30
dont be so excited coz you might be disappointed
Reply 31
I am dreading results day and even though i've been excited for years about moving away and going to uni, I just don't feel ready anymore and its less than 7 weeks away!
Hopefully it'll all change once I find out if i'm getting into my uni and once student finance finish assessing me :p:
Reply 32
University is not an exciting experience. It is probably the worst. The amount of work you get, I am suprised I even have a night out. Seriously it is no fun.
Reply 33
madeline06
what are you most excited about? i cant wait to make some new friends even though that does scare me a little as well! :smile:

i got my university email the other day then i joined the network for my uni on facebook even though i dont start until september. im just so excited, and im addicted to fb so seeing it on my network makes it even more real haha. am i loser for doing that? :biggrin:

Can
Not
Wait
for Uni

Friends, fun, and hopefully finding a nice guy!
Reply 34
I can't wait! It's gonna be great :biggrin:
I'm very excited. I've made mistakes in the past and I dropped out of uni in 2007. I'm going back with the full support of my partner (compared to little support from my family back in 2005-2007) and wanting to have a new start in Worcester. I'm going to prove my family wrong as they don't think I'll succeed. I now know I want to be a teacher 110% and can't wait to start on the course.
Reply 36
Not very. Worked in London, and now working in New York for a big firm. University feels like it is just going back to school where you will be surrounded by a few yobs banging on your door at 3am in a drunken stupor, it is a repulsive thoughts, and thoughts I am having.
excited but apprehensive at the same time. At the end of the day none of that matters, what matters is what i get on the 20th
So excited I haven't been able to sleep normally since I got my Unconditional offer in January!
Dijobla
I'm pretty super excited. This will be my second time round as a fresher so I'm also unconditional and I kind of know what to expect: a lot of fun! The first time I was not excited at all, I wasn't ready or prepared and I kind of just floated through the year in a "meh" attitude and hated the place by the end of it but this year I'm so gearing to go! All I need is some cash to start buying everything I need.

This is my take two aswell as im going into halls after saying I was living at home this next year so missed out on a house share. Really worried I wont make friends as I enjoyed my 1st year so much. Also going to be weired not living with my friends.

Latest

Trending

Trending