The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Joy Division
I think at the beginning of June. How often do they pay you? every term?

Hold on I'll check.............<decides weather to log onto student finance or check letter.................checks letter>............they pay me 21st september for grant, 04 january for grant and 12 april for grant.......i get the full grant :biggrin: im not taking a maintenance loan, my bro managed without so i shall do without too, uni gets paid the tuition fees on the 03 feb and 05 may. Its funny I get paid in April when Uni is almost over then lol
Alexandra1234567
I sent my passport too :smile: it was returned safe and sound around 4-5 days later!

Wow!
I wonder why I never got asked to send off a passport or other ID then. =/
Oh well! If i did, I'd phone and ask if they'd accept my old passport. (The one with a cute picture of me aged 11 or something. Beautiful!)

Edit: By 'cute' I mean horrible.
Alexandra1234567
I think I've been lucky with student finance, my status says 'Approved' and I assume that means it's completed! :s-smilie: I hope anyway.

yup thats you, you will get a letter in the post soon with your dates of payments on it, also this will be posted under the "payments" section on your student finance account on the website :smile:
CrazyChris
Wow!
Oh well! If i did, I'd phone and ask if they'd accept my old passport. (The one with a cute picture of me aged 11 or something. Beautiful!)

They don't. :frown: I tried that one.
CrazyChris
I'm currently waiting for the form that I need to sign and then return back to them. I checked my 'Correspondance' on their website; and noticed that they supposedly sent me mail on the 17th July, and I haven't received it.

I phoned up to check about it; informing them I'd not received anything to sign; and they've dispatched another copy; hopefully this one will arrive. [Supposedly sent out on Friday 7th Aug. so I should receive my Wednesday?]

Pass; if I don't have it by Friday I'll phone up and ask if I can print out the lovely image files they post in the correspondance thing online, write a covering letter to them with all my details and a signature!

they are really a complete joke!!! yea it takes about a week for anything to arrive that they say has been sent. hopefully you will get it this time. :smile:
random-ray
Hold on I'll check.............<decides weather to log onto student finance or check letter.................checks letter>............they pay me 21st september for grant, 04 january for grant and 12 april for grant.......i get the full grant :biggrin: im not taking a maintenance loan, my bro managed without so i shall do without too, uni gets paid the tuition fees on the 03 feb and 05 may. Its funny I get paid in April when Uni is almost over then lol

I get the full grant too but it's only just under £3000 isn't it? That's no where near enough for me so I have to take the maintenance loan which is bigger for London students. I guess you factored in your work pay as well? Or money from your savings?

So they pay every term! It will be tempting not to spend it all in one go. :eek:
Reply 6406
random-ray

Did you have to apply seperately for the grant? My parents sent off there info, an thaught this was part of the grant process, but havent heard anythin from them =( an i know im entitled to some cus i did the calculator thing onthere website =(
Hey all! Gosh hearing about Student Finance, I am fearful :s-smilie: Having a gap year :smile: Hopefully I'll do student finance in september :biggrin: :smile:
CrazyChris
I'm currently waiting for the form that I need to sign and then return back to them. I checked my 'Correspondance' on their website; and noticed that they supposedly sent me mail on the 17th July, and I haven't received it.

I phoned up to check about it; informing them I'd not received anything to sign; and they've dispatched another copy; hopefully this one will arrive. [Supposedly sent out on Friday 7th Aug. so I should receive my Wednesday?]

Pass; if I don't have it by Friday I'll phone up and ask if I can print out the lovely image files they post in the correspondance thing online, write a covering letter to them with all my details and a signature!

btw you can't you just print it off and send it?
X_kate
Did you have to apply seperately for the grant? My parents sent off there info, an thaught this was part of the grant process, but havent heard anythin from them =( an i know im entitled to some cus i did the calculator thing onthere website =(

ahh yes that thing, we had the same problem, no they automatically do it for you, there is no "grant" form so they take your parents finance details and work out your grant and say they will pay you it, you don't need to apply for the grant, all done for ya :biggrin: well it was for me anyway lol
random-ray
yup thats you, you will get a letter in the post soon with your dates of payments on it, also this will be posted under the "payments" section on your student finance account on the website :smile:

Ahhh, thank you!
I was hoping something like that would happen...as the last thing I received was just confirming that I'd changed my bank details etc etc.
:smile:
Joy Division
I get the full grant too but it's only just under £3000 isn't it? That's no where near enough for me so I have to take the maintenance loan which is bigger for London students. I guess you factored in your work pay as well? Or money from your savings?

So they pay every term! It will be tempting not to spend it all in one go. :eek:

no no the full grant is more than 3 thousand! but under 4 thousand lol, you sure your getting the full grant? must be different for your student finance, I'm student finance NI. Yea I have a job and I'm tryin to save money too since I was 10 so I have a good wee bit saved :smile:
Reply 6412
random-ray
ahh yes that thing, we had the same problem, no they automatically do it for you, there is no "grant" form so they take your parents finance details and work out your grant and say they will pay you it, you don't need to apply for the grant, all done for ya :biggrin: well it was for me anyway lol

Aaaa thanx for that =) hopefully mine will sort itself out then =) =) =)
CrazyChris
Wow!

Haha, has yours all been completed? Mine was asked for AFTER they sent a letter saying how much I'd get and all that...When I had thought it was all done.

Hah, that wouldn't work for me as BOTH of mine are ridiculous photos...:eek:
Alexandra1234567
Ahhh, thank you!
I was hoping something like that would happen...as the last thing I received was just confirming that I'd changed my bank details etc etc.
:smile:

No probs, now thats what they sent me when my status changed to "approved" im just going by what happened to me, but should be same for you I'd imagine. :smile:
X_kate
Aaaa thanx for that =) hopefully mine will sort itself out then =) =) =)

no probs, but as i said to alexandra its just what they said to me but should be the same for you :smile:
random-ray
no no the full grant is more than 3 thousand! but under 4 thousand lol, you sure your getting the full grant? must be different for your student finance, I'm student finance NI. Yea I have a job and I'm tryin to save money too since I was 10 so I have a good wee bit saved :smile:

I just checked, for England the max is £2906! I can't believe you get almost £4k! :eek:
(btw that's not including the uni bursary)
random-ray
No probs, now thats what they sent me when my status changed to "approved" im just going by what happened to me, but should be same for you I'd imagine. :smile:

Mine has said it's been approved since about June-ish though :s-smilie: ooh well, haha if I don't hear by after results day I shall make a call! :smile:
What happens if you forgot your internet log in details, when you sent all of your stuff off in the post? :frown:
random-ray
they are really a complete joke!!! yea it takes about a week for anything to arrive that they say has been sent. hopefully you will get it this time. :smile:

Yeah; I hope so too. Granted it's a busy time; but they would surely have been aware it would be a busy time and put a better internal infrastructure to ensure things are processed as swiftly as possible!

Joy Division
btw you can't you just print it off and send it?

The .gif image files aren't the best quality... I'm considering it though; but having the lovely barcode come out scannable (word?!) may be a big bleh due to low image quality. I'm trying to work out what information that barcode actually holds, and what the barcode encrpytion is so I can just print off a fresh duplicate with there rest of the form!

XCRUSHESX
Hey all! Gosh hearing about Student Finance, I am fearful :s-smilie: Having a gap year :smile: Hopefully I'll do student finance in september :biggrin: :smile:

Be sure not to leave it late to get finance sorted. The sooner the better!
As soon as you get the ALIAS ID for the sponsor's details; have your sponsor(s) get it done and processed ASAP....

Get them to keep evidence, such as P60Us, Child Benefit details; allsorts... anything with financial evidence; accessible and in a safe location! [And, try and have all of these details, from as many years as you can get. I know for this year's applications the P60s they wanted were from the 2007/08 tax year...!

Latest