The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't smoke, don't drink coffee and don't take drugs. But that's not to say I won't start doing these things in the future.

I eat pretty much what I want at the moment which is usually high carb, high sugar crap. Oh, and I eat a LOT of red meat; gammon, pork sausages, bacon... :coma:

I do drink, but wouldn't say I was an excessive drinker. A couple of pints is usually enough for me. This will most likely change once I start Uni though.
Reply 41
I drink now and again, I don't eat healthy as much as I should. I'm not trying to live till 90, adding 10 years isn't important to me, or whatever it is.
Reply 42
Fusion
How would you summarise your attitude towards balancing a long healthy life with indulgences working the other way (excess alcohol, smoking, diet etc). Is living into your late seventies/eighties/nineties a big priority of yours?

I'm not really trying to preserve myself for old age lol, anyways old age = mental deterioration which I don't want.
Reply 43
I want to live a long, full life but that doesn't necessarily mean well into my 100s. My great-gran is almost 105 and it's been horrible seeing her sitting in a nursing home for the past 4 years, doing nothing all day. All her friends have died too, and her husband went over 40 years ago :frown:
Personally, I'd like to live into my 80s/early 90s, depending on when my husband dies - long enough to see my kids and grandkids grow up but not so old that I need constant care/am alone.
I don't smoke or take drugs, eat healthily and don't drink that much, not to lengthen my life but because that makes me feel healthy and if I feel healthy then I'm happy :smile:

tis the way to be :cool:
Reply 44
I smoke because I'm hoping for an early death and I need to cling to something.
Reply 45
Bubbles*de*Milo
How do you mean?

Anything could happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending