Turn on thread page Beta

To what extent are you maximising your lifespan watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke, don't drink coffee and don't take drugs. But that's not to say I won't start doing these things in the future.

I eat pretty much what I want at the moment which is usually high carb, high sugar crap. Oh, and I eat a LOT of red meat; gammon, pork sausages, bacon... :coma:

I do drink, but wouldn't say I was an excessive drinker. A couple of pints is usually enough for me. This will most likely change once I start Uni though.

ReputationRep:
    I drink now and again, I don't eat healthy as much as I should. I'm not trying to live till 90, adding 10 years isn't important to me, or whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    How would you summarise your attitude towards balancing a long healthy life with indulgences working the other way (excess alcohol, smoking, diet etc). Is living into your late seventies/eighties/nineties a big priority of yours?
    I'm not really trying to preserve myself for old age lol, anyways old age = mental deterioration which I don't want.

ReputationRep:
    I want to live a long, full life but that doesn't necessarily mean well into my 100s. My great-gran is almost 105 and it's been horrible seeing her sitting in a nursing home for the past 4 years, doing nothing all day. All her friends have died too, and her husband went over 40 years ago
    Personally, I'd like to live into my 80s/early 90s, depending on when my husband dies - long enough to see my kids and grandkids grow up but not so old that I need constant care/am alone.
    I don't smoke or take drugs, eat healthily and don't drink that much, not to lengthen my life but because that makes me feel healthy and if I feel healthy then I'm happy

tis the way to be :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I smoke because I'm hoping for an early death and I need to cling to something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    How do you mean?
    Anything could happen.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.