The Student Room Group

Can you cover A-levels in 2-3 months?

Do you think it’s possible to learn Chem, Bio, Psychology a levels in 2-3 months and get an 3 A’s?
from the start??
Original post by Winta:)
Do you think it’s possible to learn Chem, Bio, Psychology a levels in 2-3 months and get an 3 A’s?
Don't do that to yourself, that's 2 years in 2-3 months and chem A level is extremely difficult regardless of the qualification board, you need a year AT LEAST. Even if you study day and night, realistically, it is impossible as you need 1 to 2 months solely for past papers and you certainly can't cover the content of the 3 subjects in 2 months
Biology involves 'scrutinising' the mark schemes to a huge extent!!! :frown:

Chemistry has similar topics year after year, so practicing as many past papers as possible is vital.

Psychology has a lot of content to remember, so you might not get the grade you desire in 2 months?! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by radiographyyyyy
from the start??
I have notes on them , and I vaguely understand topics, but I need to remember them of by heart.
Reply 5
Original post by rastgele biri
Don't do that to yourself, that's 2 years in 2-3 months and chem A level is extremely difficult regardless of the qualification board, you need a year AT LEAST. Even if you study day and night, realistically, it is impossible as you need 1 to 2 months solely for past papers and you certainly can't cover the content of the 3 subjects in 2 months
I have no choice but to do it, thankyou for the realistic advice though.
Reply 6
Original post by thegeek888
Biology involves 'scrutinising' the mark schemes to a huge extent!!! :frown:
Chemistry has similar topics year after year, so practicing as many past papers as possible is vital.
Psychology has a lot of content to remember, so you might not get the grade you desire in 2 months?! :frown:
Thankyou for the advice, all the things you’ve said are absolutely correct , I’ve just been so stupid that I didn’t realise it
Regardless, I’ll try my best
I have no choice but to do it, thankyou for the realistic advice though.
Best of luck though, I hope all goes well
Reply 8
It's very possible, i think you can definitely do it if you dedicate yourself and follow a fixed schedule. Good luck !
Reply 9
Best of luck though, I hope all goes well
Thankyou, I’ll need it
Reply 10
Original post by enaiiii
man shutup h8TER, it's very possible, i think you can definitely do it if you dedicate yourself and follow a fixed schedule. Good luck !
Thankyou for the support! They’re aren’t wrong tho it will be hard but I’ll follow your advice and do the best I can.
If I need to I’ll redo but I’ll revise like it’s not an option :smile: ty again
Reply 11
Thankyou for the support! They’re aren’t wrong tho it will be hard but I’ll follow your advice and do the best I can.
If I need to I’ll redo but I’ll revise like it’s not an option :smile: ty again
what im trying to say is, if you have absolutely no understanding of anything, i agree with that person, but if you have a decent understand and you are committed you can defo do it. As you should!! feel free to say how it goes on results day!!
Sit down, write up a list for each subject, and then order the specs to which ones you have no clue about and what you know, like a traffic light system. Respectfully, you are in no position to even think about going out with friends or wasting time so I suggest you lock in. Then you try to tackle all the subjects that you know you have no clue about, so ‘red’ then when you’ve done that just go through them every week or so and at the same time go onto amber topics and then practice those and then green topics. That’s literally how you can get at least a C or B. If you’re lucky and manage to absorb all the information and have green ticks on all your topics then go exam paper after exam paper. You should be dreaming about exam papers and waking up thinking about exam questions. This is your life to becoming an A student. Sad but probably doable.
Reply 13
Original post by RevisionisKey1
Sit down, write up a list for each subject, and then order the specs to which ones you have no clue about and what you know, like a traffic light system. Respectfully, you are in no position to even think about going out with friends or wasting time so I suggest you lock in. Then you try to tackle all the subjects that you know you have no clue about, so ‘red’ then when you’ve done that just go through them every week or so and at the same time go onto amber topics and then practice those and then green topics. That’s literally how you can get at least a C or B. If you’re lucky and manage to absorb all the information and have green ticks on all your topics then go exam paper after exam paper. You should be dreaming about exam papers and waking up thinking about exam questions. This is your life to becoming an A student. Sad but probably doable.
I’ve done something similar to that, I’m just wondering how to structure my time so that I learn the most I can but don’t get burnt out
Reply 14
Original post by enaiiii
what im trying to say is, if you have absolutely no understanding of anything, i agree with that person, but if you have a decent understand and you are committed you can defo do it. As you should!! feel free to say how it goes on results day!!
I’m not even thinking about results day yet but I do have some understanding so just consolidating it is really what I need to do
Reply 15
Thank you for the replies everyone! Have a good day/night :smile:
Reply 16
I’ve done something similar to that, I’m just wondering how to structure my time so that I learn the most I can but don’t get burnt out
try using this for biology, not sure if you do ocr though: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/590004-student-revision-checklist.docx
Hello it’s defo possible just got to maximise time really well
Just wondering what you wanted to do at uni
Assuming science firm you subjecting ?
Is there any reason you feel that you need to? I'm a similar situation to you in that I will need to be self-studying a Maths A-Level soon along with other life stuff, but I wouldn't personally try and push myself to that extent unless I really needed to. Can you not just take a year out instead?
Tackle the amber topics first ie those where you have some knowledge. Ask teachers for help and go to revision classes.

Quick Reply

Latest