The Student Room Group

A-Levels for strangers ?

Hello,
I am a french student and I am 15, in year 11. I want to go in Brighton next year for 2 years to try to have the A-Levels and to go after in a british university. But I am not bilingual but my english level is good! So in england do they accept strangers students in their school? And if they do is it possible to have english courses for strangers and the same courses as british students as well?
I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE....
Thank You. :-D
Reply 1
First of all, you need a visa, your family (you are too young unless your family pays for a private boarding school) You're 15 years old. You need equipvemnt of GCSEs A* to C. Brighton course is probably long distance. This is a rash decision to make on your part. Your parents will have to pay for everything over here. Sort out your problems in France, and come to the UK when 18 to go to uni for university. :smile:
Reply 2
etrangeres = foreigners in this context. Not strangers.
Reply 3
they don't need a visa if they're from France.
and yes, you can come and study here, but it would have to be a boarding school, in all likelihood, unless your family are moving here too.
KwungSun
etrangeres = foreigners in this context. Not strangers.

ohhhh right, I just thought she was planning to lurk around brighton parks and offer little kiddies sweets if they "come and see her puppy"...
If you want to do A levels here then do it! Don't let anyone put you off. But, as has already been said, unless your family move here too, you will probably find it easier to join a boarding school or else you'll have to find youth accomodation.

I don't think GCSEs are necessarily required, as I'm pretty sure you can use equivalent qualifications that you'll get when you finish school in France.

Most universities offer foreign language and English courses to students, but I'm not too sure about in colleges. If not, you could always join an evening class for English, in order to improve your understanding of the language.

Make some enquires and have a look at potential colleges in places you'd like to live in England. Quote or PM me if you need any help :smile:
Reply 6
emmie19
First of all, you need a visa, your family (you are too young unless your family pays for a private boarding school) You're 15 years old. You need equipvemnt of GCSEs A* to C. Brighton course is probably long distance. This is a rash decision to make on your part. Your parents will have to pay for everything over here. Sort out your problems in France, and come to the UK when 18 to go to uni for university. :smile:

A visa??? She's from France, not Yemen! There's a little thing called the European Union. No visa needed.
Reply 7
i.am.lost
A visa??? She's from France, not Yemen! There's a little thing called the European Union. No visa needed.

Fine. What about the face she's a minor by law (i.e. 15 years old). Money? No parents over here? No qualifications?
Reply 8
vintage_007
If you want to do A levels here then do it! Don't let anyone put you off. But, as has already been said, unless your family move here too, you will probably find it easier to join a boarding school or else you'll have to find youth accomodation.

I don't think GCSEs are necessarily required, as I'm pretty sure you can use equivalent qualifications that you'll get when you finish school in France.

Most universities offer foreign language and English courses to students, but I'm not too sure about in colleges. If not, you could always join an evening class for English, in order to improve your understanding of the language.

Make some enquires and have a look at potential colleges in places you'd like to live in England. Quote or PM me if you need any help :smile:

You need the equilvement of GCSEs, unless otherwise stated. And those foreign language course (which are compulosy for any uni over here) take another year of study. Waiting until uni is best.

And for God's sake, OP, do your parents have any idea of your plan?? You'll get no money over here as a international student, you'll pay up to 5x as much in fees and everything...
Reply 9
emmie19
Fine. What about the face she's a minor by law (i.e. 15 years old). Money? No parents over here? No qualifications?

Yeah I'm with you on those points. Just not a visa.

Latest

Trending

Trending